Do you guys notice when we wear makeup?

I'm going to a dance with a guy friend, and normally I do not wear any makeup, but for this dance I was considering putting on some mascara and lip gloss or something. I was just wondering if it would be noticed enough to be worth it.

Most Helpful Guy

• If he does not notice he ain't taking enough time to visually caress your face, I certainly would notice and tell you how nice it looked on you.

What Guys Said 23

• If makeup is applied properly and in appropriate amounts, it will definietly enhance. Applied poorly, including too much, and it will detract. But search the web for photos of the movie and TV stars without makeup, compare to with makeup, and you will see that many "beautiful" women can seem downright ugly without their makeup.

Many women are lucky enough to have naturally beautiful features. For them, anything over a dab will ruin their looks.

• If a guy notices it you're putting on too much war paint. Personally, I usually don't notice it and when I see it, I don't like it.

• In cafes I look over the females and note which one is wearing makeup, and which beautiful one is not..and how she doesn't really need it...

Of course we notice even more if we're talking to someone face-to-face.

• Unless she goes all out I don't notice.

• Yes. If you're considering putting some on, only use a little bit so it's not too noticeable. A little bit of mascara around the eyes, and some lip gloss or lip balm that does not stand out too much.

• yes! we always notice, it only a matters if it's the right amount, and doesn't look bad.

• Personally I rarely notice it and even if I do, I don't care at all.

Well, unless she looks like a clown.

• IDK if it's just me but I think that she's trying to cover something up because she's not confident enough in her appearance. It's kind of a turnoff

• Personally, I would notice it & the effort. You'd look even prettier, & I'd appreciate it.

• of course we do. But don't think "noticing" is always a good thing. Not all guys like make up.

• Yes, but when we notice, it implies you're putting more makeup than you should and doesn't look very good

• i do and a lot of my friends do but for a vast majority not to the point where itll matter

although for a dance id say do it just to look nicer...

• Yes we do. We might just think to ourselves "man, suzie looks really pretty today and I don't know why..." So we may not know that is was makeup but we do notice.

• I notice when you don't.

• I would notice.

• yes of course

• Yes, mostly all guys notice it, if you don't wear make up regularly and for dance if you want to wear, you just go for light makeup, they will suits you more.

• I don't really notice.

• Definately.. it increases the beauty of a girl..n makes more attractive..

• Don't bother. Make up looks trashy and if a guy finds you more attractive in make up then he isn't attracted to the real you.

• of course we do. you know original men are very visual.

• I feel like a good makeup job shouldn't be noticeable, it should be natural looking and complimentary, it should enhance your natural beauty, not cover it up.

• Yeah, he'll notice that.

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly, if your makeup is noticed, then you're probably wearing too much. Makeup's true purpose is just to bring out your natural beauty. A little mascara and lip gloss is plenty worth it. :)