Does everything revolve around outer beauty?

so, as the question states... is that all everyone thinks about? do you only look skin deep and not care about who the person is?

• Yes
  • No
  • Vote me! I don't really care1 as long as the person is nice... -sighs-
ok then... if most people look farther in then what are you looking for? are you looking for a nice girl/guy, looking for the best part of a person and trying to get it to grow?

Most Helpful Guy

• What?! No way!

Obviously the first thing is physical attraction, admit it everyone the first thing you look for is a nice looking girl. Also you girls, you look for a hot guy. But really I think we're looking to see if that person takes care of him/herself, and cares how he/she looks.

But after the physical attraction I look for personality. Does she smile, does she laugh, how does she dress, is she fun?!

Smiling is always good, I don't want a girl that dresses like a tramp(most of the girls in my school), and I want to want to be around her. If she is stuck up, f*** her. If she is fun, and wants to have fun good.

After that I would say how smart is she? Could I have an actual conversation with her. Sorry blonds, but I don't want you to ramble on about the latest hand bag, or how you want to become a model. Could we talk about something that actually matters, and could become reality? I do not care about a teenager that is handed everything to him/her by his/her daddy, that has no real understanding of that a job is, or how this world runs(talking abut celebs).

If the girl is down to earth than great! If she can do some guy things, and not worry about breaking a nail, or having to check herself in the mirror every 5 minutes, then even better!

So no, everything doesn't revolve around beauty, despite what the media might want you to think. Just because you are a hot girl guys won't come flawking to you, and the same goes for guys. Hot women won't drink beer in your back yard because you drink Miller light.

The girls, and guys in photos in magazines are manipulated on a computer. Nothing is real today!

• Great answer! I love it! =D

• You hate stereotypes yet you think the blonde one is true-stop contradicting yourself. You class all blondes the same just because all the blondes you have met have been that way. The only way you could class all the blondes like that is if you met every single blonde in the whole world. Very ignorant statement from you.

• What?

Ehhhh sorry blondes,yehhh you better be!!

im blonde but yet I don't talk about stupid stuff like that all the time,you just tryna be funny ha well your not.

What Guys Said 8

• Well it is tough to vote on your poll because I am a little divided. Outer beauty isn't the most important thing BUT outer beauty is the first thing a person knows about you and that is what causes the attraction.

There is a reason why women focus on wearing the best clothes, best make-up, best perfume, great hair styling etc... It because women know guys are very visual. Its just for attracting a mate, the more men you can attract the better your chances of weeding out the guys you don't want and getting the guys you do want.

I guess you can think of guys as "Bee's" and the ladies as "Flowers". Bee's go for the brightest and most colorful flowers first. The flower that attracts the most bee's has a greater chance of spreading its pollen. Weird but it works the same way with people.

Now I wish I could think of a way guys could attract females. All can suggest for the guys..As far as appearance goes...Is staying well groomed and maintaining good hygiene. I mean I guess there are other ways a guy can make their "outer appearance" better...Usually revolves around being confident and smiling alot...But that is an "inner Beauty" that women seem to be able to spot and want.

• Everything revolves around outer beauty...until she opens her mouth. Then everything changes.

• Of course not, everything revolves around money, not outer beauty.

In all seriousness I see exactly what you're saying, while it does seem like that, outer beauty is only what forges initial attraction, what keeps the attraction growing to a more intimate level is inner beauty.

Anybody can find anybody hot and sexy looking, but the object of the attraction can be a complete douchbag and so the attraction won't go any further than "yeah, I do him/her".

Outer beauty makes friends with benifits, inner beauty makes meaningful relationships.

• Everybody looks for different things, one person might look for an assertive and in-your-face kind of person while another is looking for someone sweet and innocent, it depends on the person.

• For me, what the person looks like is somewhat important, but their personality is much more important. If they have an attractive personality, to me it doesn't matter what they look like. I realize that some people don't care about personality and only base their opinions of people on looks, but I honestly gont see how you can. You're more likely to enjoy being around someone if you like them for who they are, rather than for their looks. I mean it helps, but it's not the most important thing to look at.

• I take everything into account I have to have a physical attraction, like here personality, we would have to have a lot in common, be nice and sweet and we would have to be able to talk about anything, so no everything doesn't everything revolve around outer beauty.

• I look at the total package, so yes, I not only take into account her personality but her looks as well. Let's be real here... we can only have a romantic/intimate relationship with someone for so long if they don't appeal to us sexually.

• girls are less shallow about looks than guys are.

• Pahaha nahhh...we are shallow some of us don't amitt that, and some of us try not to be,but I can judge every1 like it ain't nuthin.

I don't like to but we do.Andd I am veryy picky it evn makes my friend mad.So nope sorry ya wrong.

• Maybe I should take that back, there are more shallow girls out there than it seems to be

• No, but it takes time to see the inner beauty in something or some one.

What Girls Said 10

• no. I've been the total opposite of that. I usually get to know a guy personally and if he shows the same amount of investment to get to know me, then I respect that.

a crude example is if a really hot guy approached me and he doesn't even ask my name or get to know me, it's a major turn off.

skin deep, can only go so far. but I feel guys are more visual than girls are. so it might depend on that as well. because I felt in highschool, when I didn't even try to look good , no guys approached me, but as soon as high school was over and I 'changed', I get hit on a lot. so sometimes it is just that, ...skin deep (for some people)

• NO WAY!

I am completely basing this on the fact that if a guy has a hot body, but his attitude stinks, the attractiveness factor definitely takes a dive.

I for one like finding out where a guy I date works, or how he got his nickname, and stuff more underlying of a great personality.

If I guy doesn't want to find out about my personality, I just assume he's out there for sex, and that doesn't fly either.

• Far, far from. I mean, I will be the first to admit I honestly think the guy has to look good to ME. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. But, I could never, ever be with a good looking guy who treated me like sh*t. Thankfully, I got a good looking guy who treats me like a princess :)

• I vote yes. On a personal level people will look at your inner beauty too-noone will be friends or start a relationship with someone with an ugly person no matter how hot they are-unless they just want sex or something lol. But I think beauty is everything-being hot will get you everywhere. I really believe that. You get away with more things, get more experiences and get more opportunities in life if you are hot. I think life does revolve around outer beauty.

• ok well I agree. no body really looks deep down in a person. I personaltycan say I look deep down. I have a chucky friend but I still love her more than any thing(besides men... they take the cake...) but still... never judge a book by its cover...some people may look nice but that does not mean they are... good question ace!

• What do you think? Of course people care about someone's personality! Otherwise no one would ever be in relationships or get married, or even have friends!

• no.its a combo of both but looks attract me first, personality locks me in :)

• No beauty is not everything, a person might be beautiful on the outside and not beautiful on the inside. Any person that look only for beauty is a shallow person. That's just my take on it. Personality is what matter the most.

• Not solely, but it definitely plays a part.

• I think when you're younger you look at outer beauty a lot more. As you get older you come to realize that personality and intellectual substance are important too. If not, more important.

I believe you have to have some sort of physical attraction to someone, but that perception can change so easily that you really can't base everything on that. For a guy, he could grow a beard out and there will be a new demographic of women who will find him attractive and some who thought he was before don't so much anymore. A girl can change her look drastically with makeup and hair and clothes. We've all seen the photos of celebrities out in their sweats and sans makeup. They don't look like anything special. But after they get glamed up people just fall at their feet.

My rule of thumb is simple. If they don't annoy me to the point that I don't want to claw my own eyes out then they have a chance. I guess I have a Chandler Bing approach. Except I'm not nearly as picky as he is. Still selective, but I don't nitpick.