Are they interested, disgusted, or just curious?

My hair is about as ginger as it can get. When I'm out at the mall, restaurants, or at the gym girls are looking at me a lot, but not smiling. Older women often comment about my locks, but never my age. I used to think it was just me but my friends said they notice chicks staring a lot when we are out.

So yeah, I'm worried that it is a bad thing since they don't usually smile and never approach me. They do usually make eye contact though.

Do you guys think its because I'm different or are girls attracted to it?

Thanks for everyone who contributes to the site!

Most Helpful Girl

• well maybe they're having a bad day. you never know. and seriously as long as it's natural, who cares. I had blond, red streaks in my brown hair once. I'm sure I got a few people looking at me. but as long as you feel confident with your look, then it's ok.

What Girls Said 7

• The majority of females I know, typically are not attracted to "gingers". The looks you are getting are probably due to the fact that your hair colour is eye-catching, not because the females are besotted. But every female likes different qualities, so perhaps some of those stares could be out of attraction (Robert Grint who plays Ron Weasley in Harry Potter movies has quite the female following!). If you love your hair, then change it. But if not, I'd say a darker tint (closer to a brown but keeping an auburn undertone to stay true to yourself) would be a good option. If you do go that route, just remember that eyebrows/facial hair have to be tinted too!

• Red hair is very shocking. Even more when you see it on a guy. I'm not really attracted to redheads but I've seen some cute guys with red hair. I wouldn't be disgusted in any way. It's just hair that happens to be a certain color. Hahaha. Girls were probably staring because it catches everyone's attention very quickly. You look fine the way you are now so don't even try to change it. Plenty of girls love redheads.

• Some girls are too shy to smile once they've made eye contact and same goes for approaching a guy-they're huge deals! lol. Also, girls only look when they are interested or have seen someone really grotesque. You aren't so they sound interested to me.

• Well to be perfectly honest, I've never been crazy about gingers, but I do find myself looking at them just because the hair colour is so unexpected. My friend, however, is totally into redheads. Prince Harry is even her wallpaper on her computer! So I'd check yes to interested and curious, but not disguted.

• I think you are right. I usually see one or two other gingers a week out of thousands of people so I know it is pretty rare

• its the hair, but I like it :)

• Yeah, I think it's just because your hair is different, I like it though, it looks nice.

• Haha, thanks. I have a nice red fro now because I've decided to wear my hair with pride over the past few months

• Good for you :) if I could havea fro I'd super happy, your lucky!

• First thing there is nothing wrong with having red hair. I had a giant crush on a red haired guy for like a year. Second thing, how can you be a libertarian and like obama? I mean come on. Lol

• I am not full libertarian. I don't mind big gov in economic sector, and I think taxes are fine the way they are. I'm just huge on civil liberties. there are different kinds of libertarians, just like different kinds of democrats and republicans.

• Ah it all becomes so clear.

What Guys Said 0