Cheap yet effective facewash?

Recently started a new medication and it has caused me to break out and have a greasy face all the time. I am looking for a cheap but effective face wash that will help at least minimize this as I have to look decent for my job. Not medical brand as I don't want to dish out $100+ for something I'll probably never use after a month but something you can get at the local retail or health store.

Also, not sure if it makes a HUGE difference but I am in my mid-20s and not a teenager haha.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd suggest you browse the reviews on makeupalley.com

You can go through the ''most popular'' category, in cleansers, and people comment on each product. They say what such and such product is good for, what it costs, where they bought it, etc. If you really want to find something that suits you and won't make your skin condition worse (as it often happens with abbrasive cleanser), it's your best bet. Personally, I have very sensitive skin since I'm a blond. That means that all cleansers I've used leave my skin stripped of its moisture, red from irriation and itchy. A cleanser for sensitive skin would be better IMO than a cleanser MADE for combination skin (that means oily T zone) or breakout-prone skin. These cleansers are extremely drying and made with harsh ingredients supposed to kill the bacteria. Personally, I believe that your best bet is plain hot water with a wash cloth, and maybe a gentle cleanser. That's it, no fuss.

What Girls Said 4

• Coconut oil. Started using just that to wash with

My skin has never looked better. It's anti bacterial, plus when using the oil method it works om the premise of like disolves like. Seriously haven't broken out in a month and I was using pro active before this.

• Mix one part olive oil & 2 parts Caster oil. Wash with a TINY amount. More olive oil for dry skin, more caster oil for oily skin.

Don't be scared of oil. Like dissolves like, remember? Give it a week and you'll see the difference. Look online also for homemade natural face washes. But the olive oil, caster oil one is what I use. My skin is perfect.

• The St. Ives green tea one is really good.

• Anything by neragena is good

What Guys Said 2

• Use benzyl peroxide twice a day. That'll take care of it.

• I just found out about Jack Black, great stuff.