Guys, have you ever used women's shampoo?

My brother does but I don't know if its because of the lack of men's shampoo in the supermarket or that he actually likes it.

• Yes
  • No
  • I'm a girl, see results
Thanks for the interesting input

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, how can one tell if a shampoo is women's shampoo?

That aside, I believe I have. My ex used to use strawberry shampoo. Smelled amazing, so yes, I used it sometimes. Lol, she has excellent taste in such things.

• For example do you buy axe shampoo, a shampoo aimed at men or a l'oreal shampoo aimed at women...either is unisex but they do have a target market

• I see. Gotcha. I usually buy the cheapest I can find, often White Rain or something I think-about a dollar or so. Pretty sure my best friend/ex girlfriend's shampoo is definitely a more female targeted one though, which I've used. Not sure who white rain targets (if that's the name.)

What Guys Said 19

• I honestly think there isn't much difference as how much the industry wants us to believe, apart from how the shampoo smells. We use one kind of shampoo and conditioner at home and it works for the both of us.

I do use tear free shampoo for my child though.

• Yes, it is a lot better for your hair... Using guys is like putting shower gel in your hair, yeah it's soapy but your hair will still feel rough and damaged.

• I use to cringe whenever my ex did that. Especially when following. up with some kind of moisturizing conditioner

• I use whatever is in the house, it doesn't reall bother me. if it has a weird smell to it then I might not use it, but really I don't care. most male smelling shampoos and deoderants and things smell like they came out of some nuclear ooze or something

• I use whatever that soap is they have in the showers at the gym.

If I'm not at a place where there's shampoo I'll use a bar of soap.

If there was womans shampoo available, I think I'd use that over the bar soap.

• No but I did borrow a girl's bra once. She thought it was hilarious on me.

• Soap is soap. I grab the closest bottle.

• Never did. But this has given me the idea to try it. Maybe it is better than mens.

• Yeah.

I use suave which I think is womens shampoo... Its all the same stuff.

• I usually use womens shampoo, it makes my hair softer lol

• I don't care really. My hair is about a millimeter long. lol I'll use whatever pert plus, pantene, a bar of soap. You know whatever. =P

• Yes - because mens shampoo smells like arse, and doesn't have sparkly bits in.

• is there a difference other than labelling, advertising, packaging, etc?

or is women's hair different to men's? haha.. no seriously, I didn't think it would matter. I sometimes use some of my mum and gf's shampoo, but thought hair is hair.

• I don't actually know, I was curious what guys used that's all, and I don't have a problem with it. Do you find that in the states there is a lot of choice for male targeted shampoo?

• yes there is, but then as said I think the major thing is how the market it. the only thing I can think of is a difference between male and female hair, but I don't know it lol.

• Yes when I bathed at my grand mothers house

• Yes, but I only use it whenever I personally feel like it.

• just one time my aunts...

• I've used my girlfriend's shampoo plenty of times. Men's a women's hair is equal (in the head).

• I used my mom's a few times when I was out of my shampoo growing up.

• Yes. It's all the same pretty much and Pantene is good for my hair. I also never knew that the high end shampoos were meant only for women.

• I can't say I have, but I don't see the difference.

What Girls Said 5

• My younger brother used to steal mine because he really liked the way it smelled lol drove me nuts though!

• My Boyfriend swears it makes his hair feel better than guy shampoo. He takes longer choosing shampoo than I do.

• What's the difference? My boyfriend does it too. It's not like a male's hair is different to a female's hair.

• I don't know , I just know that some shampoos have very fruity or floral scents which I don't know if guys like

• my brother does too, lol.

• i didn't realize there are shampoos made for men only.