Do all your outfits match colorwise?

This winter I'll usually be wearing a dark brown leather jacket or a gray coat (no leather, it's like this link

I found some lightbrown shoes (more camel color like) and I was wondering if shoes should match jackets or coats? I really like the shoes. Or like black shoes, with a dark jeans and dark brown jacket, seems a bit too dark, or am I wrong?

ok, dark grey like this: link
Thanks for the (good and great) answers!

Most Helpful Guy

• Could not care less about color matching

What Guys Said 11

• Outfits that coordinate are always awesome... shoes don't have to match jackets or coats but should match something you are wearing

• As a guy, I try not to because it can appear gay...however, sometimes I just do. I'm not gay, but sometimes on accident I just happen to match

• it doesn't appear gay at all, it shows that a guy actually gives a sh*t bout how he looks and puts effort into it. I don't know bout other girls, but that's a turn on for me lol

• My normal everyday clothes kinda match, sometimes. I usually wear random colors. My Pj's always match though, lol.

• I don't match colors, in fact I refuse to wear all the same color, but I do coordinate them.

• I live in the tropics, so we have one or two kinds of outfits all year long, colorful and open clothes to stay cool. We also walk semi naked at home, guys mostly wear just shorts and women let your imagination be your guide hahaha.

• Yes, they do, all army green

• I do try at times... like with a suit... otherwise, I am wearing jeans, t-shirts and hats...

when I work out... nope...

• No, but I just make sure that they fit me comfortably when I'm wearing them

• I don't know it was just a possibility you look like a Hollywood actress

• First of all as a confidence booster I want to tell you that yes you are very pretty but you don't exactly look 18 to 24 any way most of my clothes don't match that way

• Not really an answer to my question and I can't really help it that I don't look my age.

• Why would I do that?

• I don't know It was just a possibility you look like a hollywood actress

• I never much cared about color matching.

What Girls Said 11

• No. I maintain that my shoes link go with everything so I wear them with everything. But everyone tells me I'm wrong :p And my leather jacket probably doesn't go with my Indiana University t-shirt that's 2 sizes too big and they don't go with my dirty barn jeans and I can promise my hair never matches and I never wear makeup so...I'm usually just one big train wreck walking around lol

• yeh mine do=] altho it depends, sometimes ill make my shoes match my jacket, or handbag, or even just accessories. as long as there's some tiny hint of the shoe color in something else in the outfit I reckon it'd b awesome:)

you're not wrong about anything, make your own style:) if you can't match a jacket with shoes, look for a bag, a necklace, a hat:) and it will still work! have fun with it! fashion is an art! :D

• you should either match or coordinate.

if you get camel shoes, then wear a lighter coat. it's awkward to wear a black coat with camel shoes (unless they have black in it)

if you wear black shoes, you can wear a lighter or darker coat.

with the dark gray coat you put in your link, I'd wear black or blue shoes preferably.

• I got the feeling it all didn't match too well, thanks for the advice! Too bad my jacket is dark brown and not a lighter color, guess I'll need to go shopping again, haha, thanks ^^

• yeh like this:)

link

• I usually try to match my shoes to whatever cardi I'm wearing that day, since I wear them alot. If I'm not wearing a cardi, I just wear whichever shoes fit the outfit. I've got some boots that work with some of my dresses, or flats, or sometimes I just feel like my converse look better, maybe because of how I have my hair that day, I don't know. I spend a lot of time getting my outfits together each day lol.

• I don't think the color of your jacket should matter much. I think of it more as a warmer until you get inside, not as part of an outfit. You'll be taking it off once you get inside anyway.

• It's probably best if your shoes match your outfit in some way. It's probably best not to mix your neutrals or have too many bold colors, but it doesn't particularly matter. If you need to look polished and professional at all times, either get a coat that matches the shoes or shoes that match the coat. Or both. But if you typically dwell in a more relaxed environment, it doesn't really matter.

• I match or color co-ordinate my clothes

Like if I'm wearing black jeans and a red top then I'd top it with red shoes and a black coat

• For this type of thing you should have an accent color that'll tie it altogether. If you're going to be wearing the jacket all day that's a good combination in the second scenario.

• In a way I guess? I don't really plan my outfits but I notice most have a theme of some sort. Like all of it meshes well color wise, proportion, etc.

• No I am not matchy, matchy. I quite eclectic when it comes to clothes.

• yeah, they mostly match a lot but it doesn't mean that it all is in the same color palet