Why do guys complain about a girl wanting a good looking guy?

Looking to see why I see so many guys hating on girls for wanting a good looking guy. To me I find this to be a double standard because if a girl doesn't look good, the guy is not interested but will never admit it. Yet, so many guys will chase good looking girls but if the girl goes for a guy who looks good somehow she's superficial.

Anyone notice this a lot?

It seems like it is OK for a guy to want a good looking girl yet not OK for a girl to want a good looking guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Amen brother. Even the guys who say they don't go after the good looking women and still can't get a girl that's f***ing bull sh*t. First of all your being a d*** because your expect ling a girl just because she's ugly to love you and you think she ugly and your still going after her is selfish so maybe being ugly isn't your only problem. Plus some girls can be really desperate. If they were actually going for ugly girls they would have a girlfriend by now. Its so stupid there's nothing wrong with being attracted to a person because of their looks as long as that's not the only reason you like them.

What Girls Said 3

• Exactly.

And chances are, they go for girls that are pretty and sexy and fit and outgoing and have a positive outlook in life. Whereas they themselves are average. And when these girls reject them, they blame it on their looks and on how girls only want model-type guys. When in fact they're the ones who aren't realistic and won't settle for less themselves.

• The thing is, naturally everyone has to be attracted by whomever they're dating/ in a relationship. Guys call it superficial because they can't really change their facial appearance as much as girls. Guys won't admit it but they are just as "superficial" because they expect women to wear makeup. If a woman isn't very attractive without makeup then they'll wonder why she doesn't "make an effort" and move on. I honestly feel like a lot of beautiful women go out with/ marry not so good looking guys, mainly because it always comes down to compatibility. The guys complaining are probably the not so good looking ones getting butt hurt about a good looking girl not liking him back.

• Yes I agreed. We all love eye candies those who said they are not or complained why others chose attractive people are not being truthful. But looks can only bring you so far , it is ultimately personality that keep the relationship going. Attractive is subjective not everybody is into mainstream beauty.

What Guys Said 10

• I've noticed this with frustrated guys online; less so in a mix of real-world people. Thee are lots of ways for guys to improve their appearance: dress better, eat healthy, exercise, and embrace good grooming habits. Too many (of the frustrated) guys seem unwilling to take responsibility for their own failures and make positive changes. It's easier to blame girls.

I figure men like women who are pretty, interesting, and treat them well. Women have every right to want this in return.

• They say that for the same reason so many fat girls gripe about how "guys just want skinny supermodels!"

It's human nature, people who can't meet standards often will just gripe about it, instead of trying to self better.

• link

Personally I feel like I'm being lied to

• I've never complained about that. It makes sense to me.

• Perhaps because women also look for men with good careers, social skills, family, healthy genes, and social status. Women look up and in a hook up culture their numbers and experiences can skyrocket. However in their late 20's when all the alpha males dry up they then look to their equals hoping some poor sap who has been ignored gives their womb a spin.

• That is True , some of us want Supermodels as a partner yet We don't like it when Women want the Same. I guess its the guys who can't get a Girl complain.

But lets be honest here We all hate when a Hot girl goes after a Hot guy instead of us !

• They're either the rich guys who can't get them with money, or ugly broke guys who will complain regardless.

• What? Almost every guy will admit having a certain standard for looks.

The difference is I would date around 80% of women my age, my standards are completely reasonable. Most women would only date a very small percentage of men.

• I don't hear just guys complaining about that. Both guys and girls feel like they're entitled to have a good looking mate, but women feel like they're entitled to having a guy with money power status etc while guys don't.

• because we don't even try dress nicer to look good for them.