How do people know I don't have a boyfriend without me telling them?

I'm looking for honest answers here. How come several people automatically know that I am not romantically involved with anyone without me telling them. Perhaps it's because I never make any comments about having one, but then again I keep several details about my life private. Am I giving off a vibe? Is it the way I look or act? Honestly how do people know? I'm also a shy person, if that helps any.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're outgoing and flirtatious, naturally, a lot of people will assume you don't have any sig. other. Theythink people with a s.o. are going to be reserved and quiet most of the time.

Silly, maybe, but that's how some people will think.

• That makes sense, but somehow they assume the opposite about me. Since I am quiet and reserved they assume I don't have one. Who can understand people :)

• I suppose that can happen too! If they know you well. They think you're too shy to have a s.o.. I guess that happens as well!

• all about that perfect balance of reservation and sociability!

What Guys Said 2

• It's honestly hard to tell and a big reason guys don't go hitting on everyone is because they have a hard time finding out if she is single or not. There are some really territorial boyfriends out there who do some crazy stuff. Usually girls bring up something with their boyfriend during conversation.

• Your shyness...

The unwillingness of guys to try and pursue relationships...

What Girls Said 2

• You give off a vibe. Or they're picking up on clues from certain habits you have, or the fact that you never mention having one.

It's like that. I give off that vibe apparently, despite the fact that I DO have a boyfriend, lol. I can't tell you how many times I'm asked if I've ever been in a relationship at all, or if I'm a virgin. I'm quiet, and I look much younger than what I am, so people assume I'm all sweet and virginal, lol. Maybe you give off a similar vibe.

• They never see you with one and if you have besties,they talk