Do good looking and well dressed men intimidate women?

I'm 5'11, a model and follow fashion trends. I notice a lot of women stare at me a lot. But I can only approach some cos I'm still shy. Even though my job is to project confidence. When I'm well dressed, I notice women staring at me, even older ones but they don't approach. Women only approach me when I'm looking okay not too different from other people maybe just boat shoes, pants and a shirt. When I go out with my friends, they only approach my other less good looking friends, I've spent a long time working on my looks, style and body language so I can get a girlfriend but I'm intimidating them. Women please tell me if good looking and well dressed men intimidate you. Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you do appear more approachable in jeans and a t-shirt, but I think despite the way you're dressed, if you seem friendly and open to talking girls will be less intimidated. Make eye-contact, smile, don't have closed-off body language, etc. And approach some women, too.

• I smile all the time...i do try to approach girls...i've noticed a lot of male models are on online dating sites.

• How do the girls you approach respond? If you show you're interested and flirt with her, I have a hard time imaging you have trouble getting a date.

What Girls Said 6

• Hell yea lol. But I won't ever approach a man anyway, too shy.

• They probably stare because they find you very attractive. Women are just as scared as men when they want to approach someone. I can't tell you how many times I never talked to a guy because I was scared he would just blow me off.

• No, they don't.

I LOVE good looking, well dressed men.

• well dressed-no

good looking- yes

what you are facing is exactly some women are going through too

• You can't really ask that. We're all different. I never ask guys out. If I see a guy I like I draw into myself and try to be as invisible as possible. I've never been asked out by one of those guys either. I think if I was dating a hot guy I'd spend the first month just staring dumbly at his hot face and I'm far from ugly myself just never had a hottie.

• Yes, there have been plenty of times when a well dressed man walks by and I think "wow, he's very attractive but out of my league." now if a guy walks down the street with a t shirt and jeans I think I have a better chance. Weird.

• Why though? We are actually the easiest to approach cos nobody really talks to us

• We don't know that. Its all psychological. Typically, when woman see a well dressed handsome man we automatically think "hes taken" or "hes too good for us". We have no idea that you are single or easy to talk to. So it would be easier if you made the first move.

What Guys Said 2

• "I met my boyfriend on the Internet, he is a French model". "Uuuuhhhh Bon Jour?"

• Yes a lot of us just fall to online dating...sucksss

• YES, I know exactly how you feel. Among my close friends, I'm the only one who I feel ever takes a lot of time to put himself together. I've been told by many people, guys and girls, that I'm handsome, etc, etc. I'm not at all cocky or arrogant, my friends would say that I'm the exact opposite. I don't picture myself as that "type" of guy when I go out, I just don't fit the personality at all.

So recently, I bought some new clothes and I think they're very form fitting/stylish, definitely something I'd see out of a men's magazine or something. But I bought it because I really liked how it looked on me. I'm not a model or anything, but I figure it's time to get some new clothes that make me look more serious than a typical college student. And all the time I can feel people staring at me, a lot of the time, girls. I always try to smile and be approachable but there is definitely a huge difference when I go out wearing jeans and a hoodie. When I wear really casual clothes, people tend to view me as more approachable. I think it's just because when you wear clothes that are more comfortable than stylish, people see you as more approachable and do a lot less judging of your character. They don't see you as a serious person or someone who looks like they always have girls crawling all over them. I think that's the biggest difference.

I think its the same reason why girls complain that they can't ever get a good guy. They try too hard. They get all dressed up and put loads of makeup on and make themselves look overdressed for the occasion. There are so many girls like this that I see around campus. And my immediate thought is that they probably get flirted with non stop and that they have really really high standards because of that!