What causes my legs to look this way?

What causes big quads? Is it the heavy squatting and deadlifting that causes them to accentuate?

Examples:

link

link

link

Similar to mine...

What causes that? I feel like they've gotten bigger and it looks bad in yoga pants/leggings

Most Helpful Guy

• I thought the first example were your legs I was like god damn they look good. I know you don't care about my preferences...

Weight training and genetics.

Quads are worked during... Squats, deadlifts and running sprinting. If you have STOPED working out but still eating the same... At first your muscle may look a little bigger from glycogen build up which is water and sugar build up in the muscles from them not being worked as they normally do... They look bigger for a time (not as cut obviously)

I think you've asked this question before and I recommended long cardio sessions to break down the muscle over time and cut the weight training. Let me give you some supporting information.

link

link < at the end.

What Guys Said 5

• Genetics.

Women without much muscle would be hard pressed to gain that much, and women who have it, its like standing up to get out of bed maintains it.

Squatting and deadlifting will increase it some (women have somewhat limited ability to really build a lot), but some people just have that genetically.

• Um. it looks phenomenal.

• Those legs look nice. It's genetics. At least it starts that way. You can make some adjustments with exercise and diet plans. But I think those look great.

• "What causes big quads? Is it the heavy squatting and deadlifting that causes them to accentuate?"

Yep. Surprise! Doing lower body strength training exercises like squatting and deadlifting will cause your leg muscles to grow bigger.

• I'm not on roids though so I don't know why I have this problem

• Would I have to stop cardio as well?

• No, keep doing cardio.

• Most of the cause is genetic, but the squats and deadlifts are obviously amplifying it.

What Girls Said 1

• mine are naturally like the first pic without bulging as much so I think its genetics plus deadlifting

im short so they look stocky on me too but I prefer it because they make my hips look wider and my waist looks smaller in comparison