Girls: Do plain crew neck tees still look good on guys?

Are they still in? Or do they look too boring these days?

Most Helpful Girl

• My Boyfriend wears white ones once in a while, but not if he's trying to dress up and look good. He'll leave one on if we run to the store or have to step out of the house to grab something, and he usually wears them under his button ups or plaid shirts. I don't really think they are 'still in', but I don't think it's completely unacceptable to wear them.

• What about wearing them at university while studying? I don't really dress up for uni but I don't want to look like a slob either, just decent. Especially seeing as I spend most of my time in the library.

• I don't see anything wrong with that. As long as your not wearing them to nice places, like clubs, then I think you'll be just fine.

What Girls Said 4

• If they fit well, I love them! I feel like plain crew neck tees are like basic essentials.

• A crew neck shirt is better than a v-neck shirt. That just screams douche. If you're wanting to dress up, of course a shirt with a collar is always appropriate, since time immemorial. But you should wear what makes YOU comfortable. Not what you think other people say you should wear, or what people say is "in style". A classic, simple, clean look will ALWAYS be in style. Don't jump on the trend bandwagon and you'll be good. Dress for your body type and you'll also be good. Just be comfortable!

• For sure. Not boring. Make sure it fits nicely and it isn't a strange color.

Love a guy dressed in jeans and a tee (V or crew neck). My favourite.

• fitted crew or slight v neck tshirt = very sexy. Simple but flattering on most bodies.

What Guys Said 2

• Plain crew neck tees look fantastic*

*If they fit well and you're in shape.

Remember the goal of clothing isn't to look good on its own, its to make you look good. Crew neck tees have no structure. If they fit well and you have a good body, they show it off. If you don't have a good body, they're actually a bad choice compared to something with a collar or something that has a little more structure.

• I'm short, slim and have a small frame. The problem is that I'm starting to develop a bit of a beer belly. Would it be a bad idea to wear said item of clothing?

• I think short and slim is fine if it fits.

If you've got a gut, I'd consider making polo shirts more of a go-to since the collar adds more 'weight' near your face and away from your emerging student gut.

Which you should lose, btw.

• I plan to. Especially because I'm not really into wearing polos.

• Men might as well wear rags or suits or police uniforms, it makes no difference to anything, they are all worthless anyway.