Is there a difference between a guy who looks good or good looking?

In my opinion a guy who looks good would be considered a good-looking guy, but is there a difference?

Most Helpful Girl

• Think of it like this:

A 70 year old business man wearing a nice suit - that probably is a guy that looks good (i.e. dressed up, clean-shaven, not dressed lazily), but not necessarily good-looking (i.e.attractive).

What Girls Said 6

• A guy who looks good could be a compliment to someone who didn't dress well before and dresses better now. It could also refer to someone who looks good in what they're wearing or how they carry them self at the moment.

A good-looking guy is someone who is attractive, handsome, etc.

• It depends. Most often I think that if you say

"You look good" it means that today, you look especially nice.

however

being "good-looking" is more of an attractiveness thing then a dressed up or aura thing.

• Yes. Someone could be good-looking as in they're dressed nicely. If you're a good-looking guy, it means that in general, you're good looking.

• have oft pondered

• I don't think there's a difference

• No I don't think so

What Guys Said 3

• Imo I think when someone says you look good it means you look presentable and neat and it (that "it" could be clothes, a new haircut, shoes etc) just makes you look personable. When someone says you are good looking I think it means you are nice to look at and you are physically attractive.

• I think this is true. I heard my sister's boyfriend asking her if that one guy is attractive. I am pretty sure he's not asking how he look today I suppose.

• No there isn't

• Nope