Help! What causes my arms to look like this?

link

My arms look exactly like hers, skinny, veiny and muscly at the same time. I know it looks freakishly! But I don't know what causes my arms to look like this... I'm only 20 years old and a fit healthy girl. Especially when it is hot or when I've worked out my veins will bulge. Does anyone know what causes this? And if it is a bad sign or something?

Most Helpful Guy

• Genetics and shallow vein depth in relation to your skin or from exercising and increasing blood flood. Likely the biggest contributing factor is BF%. I hear low body salts is also a contributing factor but can't attest to the accuracy of that information.

That girl in the picture looks like she's malnourished.

What Guys Said 2

• I think that means you have very low body fat. Overall, are you very slim? If so, putting on some fat might help solve that.

• It means you have healthy veins.

What Girls Said 2

• OMG that is freakish looking lol. My arms get veiny when I'm working out and sweating, because of increased blood flow but they don't look near that bad. You shouldn't worry unless they look like that all the time because it is pretty scary looking. Maybe try building a bit more muscle and adding a little fat back, that should cover up the vascularity.

• Too much exercise.