Looking or being looked at?

Girls, guys, what do you prefer? Looking at members of the opposite sex and admiring them, or being looked at by members of the opposite sex and being admired by them?

I have a theory that guys prefer looking and girls prefer being looked at, I just wanna see what other people think.

Most Helpful Guy

• Your theory seems plausible - even incredibly so.

However, up close girls don't seem to want to look at guys. You seem like you can see a guy from a mile away and thus you've observed him before he sees you and thus he doesn't think you acknowledge his presence. And when you girls actually have the balls to make eye contact with us (ok, at least with me) you quickly look away and thus we do not get the impression that you were looking at us to admire us.

...while writing this I seem to have had a personal eureka-moment; I've pretty much obsorbed a "you're a pervert if you look at me"-mentality from girls because of this. I think I've perhaps cracked why I don't approach girls during the daytime, even despite being able to pick up on their little flirting signals.

Darn it.

That being said, I prefer looking since I'm still kinda inclined to belive that girls do not want guys looking at them

• Your analysis is spot on. I don't want to look at a guy upclose and if I make eye contact I quickly look away. But then again, it could just be me. A friend of mine has had many men go after her on the street because she dares to give eye contact and even smiles a little at those she likes. I wish I could do what she does!

• Luckily I don't think guys here would follow a girl if she were to give eye contact to a guy. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do anything since I've never seen an approach outside of bars/clubs. You know what, I wish I had the balls to approach a girl that gives me eye contact, like the guys you talked about. At first I thought it was creepy, and then I noticed you don't mention that at all; so it's my internal vice thinking approaching girls always make you creeped out by that :/

What Guys Said 5

• I personally am a tradition breaker. I think its an aquarius trait cause we're rebellious. So I like females approaching me. It shows they have confidence jn their beauty & also have a rebellious sside, because guys are usually the ones going after girls.

It just really depends on the person actually.

• I prefer looking. Or would. I don't need to be all ogled. I have enough problems.

• i prefer being looked at because it gives me more self-confidence

• I don't care who's looking or not . F them.

• I prefer to be looked at but that never happens anyway

What Girls Said 2

• I prefer looking. I feel uncomfortable when someone is looking at me.

• I want to look at my guy, but I think he gets uncomfortable when I do, and doesn't know what to say if/when I compliment him. Meanwhile, I'm not crazy about people looking at me, and yet he loves looking at me and inspecting every little thing about me, even while I'm asleep. It gets him to a point where he feels sort of protective or responsible for me, I think. Anyway, it took some getting used to the idea that he'd want to look at me, and it took him a long time to send me any sort of picture of himself. A funny thing...

I guess what I'm saying is that it just depends on the individual's personality.