Winter fashions are more creative, yes or no?

Since you can't rely on just showing a lot of skin, you need to have some real taste and creativity to be impressive in winter dress, as I see it... Short warm skirts with dark leggings, for example,

Most Helpful Girl

• Winter is more entertaining... so many more layers and so much more mystery. Then again, I live in the north, I wear shorts maybe twice a year. I'm more likely to be in 3 sweaters and 2 pairs of pants LOL. It's definitely more creative. I'm actually trying this winter, no skirts yet but I love sweater dresses. Winter normally makes me lazy and all I pull on is sweaters and Tough Duck. It takes so much more effort and well, when you're cold in the middle of the summer... in January, all you want to do is hide under 6 blankets with your man and not come back out until June.

Winter/Fall fashion is somewhat depressing to me, I love deep bold colors and in the winter its all grey/brown/black.

My best friend likes to point out that in the winter, the girls with great personalities get laid while in the summer, its whoever has the most skin showing.

What Girls Said 8

• Yeah. I love winter fashions because I love the color grey. It just feels right. Sadly I don't own any winter clothes since I live in a tropical country. Too much summer can get monotonous and boring. Winter is an opportunity for many to dress classy and it shows how well they can carry an outfit without the help of showing any skin which would have distracted the viewers from the horrid dress they might have worn.

Although I love some of Valentino's spring - summer 2013 couture designs. They are gorgeous, feminine, classy, sophisticated and sexy without revealing too much skin.

• Yes, I like the variation on gray, with the occasional colorful scarf for contrast!

• Yes. That actually brings out richness of the color. The easy part is that it flatters every figure.

• Yes, every figure..another plus about winter fashion. Other seasons, you're not so covered up, and not every figure looks so good!

• i live for winter fashion. you should see my wardrobe, I have 12 winter coats, lots of cashmere and cable knit sweaters, tweed collarless jackets and skirts, cardigans, woolen tartan skirts and dresses, furs, mufflers, fur earmuffs, everything in pastels or black and charcoal.

i wear miniskirts and dresses with thigh highs or stockings in winter.

it's definitely more creative.

• All fashions are creatie but yes I prefer winter fashion because there's so much you could wear from furry hats to chunky scarves and uggs. Thick coats, killer gloves, long tunic sweaters...

• Winter fashion is by far more creative because you have more to work with. For example, layering, gloves, scarves, jackets, earmuffs, etc.

Although winter is cold, it is always my fav season for fashion! :)

• Yes, the layers of clothes gie you the chance to experiment, and it's fun to analyze the resulting ensemble.

• I used to be very creative for winter when it came to fashion, but having to walk around a huge campus just makes me want to wear warm and comfy clothes, they are cute, but not as I used to dress.

Ugh, the cold weather makes me lazy haha.

• Yes, Fall/Winter fashion leaves more room for creativity and experimentation with textures and colors.

• No, I don't think so. It's difficult to be creative during the winter if it's freezing outside. Then cute skirts, dresses and high heels are already not an option. Then you have to dress to be warm, not to have a a cute outfit. The best season to pull out your most creative side is during spring, just when winter is over. Then it's warm enough to wear whatever creative outfit you can put together.

• Cold weather made me lazy. But I like winter clothings especially boots. I always wanted to dress up nicely during winter but the coldness pushed me to go for warmth and comfort,

What Guys Said 5

• You bring up an interesting and good point. Yes, I do think winter fashion is more creative. More clothing choices to make because you gotta cover up more.It's no longer just a t-shirt and shorts. Has to be something more which requires more thinking. And that brings creativity into play.

• I think I look better in the winter the in the summer. In the summer I don't care how I look, I want to not sweat as much as possible, that is my only real concern.

In the winter I can wear badass coats and boots. Gloves, various hats (not those fraking ski caps. Real hats)

Also I can wear black much more freely in the winter, due to the not needing to reflect heat thing.

For womens. I like to look at girls any time of year. but I do have a soft spot for boots, leather jackets and scarves, so I think women in general do look cuter in the winter.

This is all understanding that where I live "cold" means it's 50 degree highs and 35 lows.

• yea id say winter does bring more creative fashions and some people try harder than others but it usually brings out more fashion in everyone...except the people that wear the same hoodie allllll the time...

• Yes.

• I hate winter fashion. It looks boring and conservative and costs way more than summer fashion.