Girls: Denim problem, junk in the trunk.

I ice skate a lot, so I have a lot muscle tone in my butt and thighs. Finding good jeans that fit properly and also look good is getting to be a headache. In the past I would put them in the washer then wear them around the house damp to get them to stretch in the right places. This is annoying. Anyone have a similar body and have found the magic jeans? What brands should I look for?

I made myself go shopping. I tried jeans on everywhere. These are the brands I found fit best, if anyone else has this problem:

Silver Jeans. Pretty good fit. Look nice. No back gap. / Ariya Jeans. Found these in the misses section somewhere. Nice, no gap, tight enough around the waist, not worried when I bend over. /Nine West Vintage. Look nice in the back but a bit loose at the top. Probably will wear a belt with these. / Amethyst. Perfect fit. / Wallflower. Very cute but loose waist = Belt.

Most Helpful Girl

• Jeans suck love them to death but finding a pair and keepiing them fitting right just suck. Your body type try Silver jeans honestly. Silver jeans lots of leg space and booty. You can NOT PUT JEANS IN A DRYER! Seriously besides that's when shrink it destroys the elastic in them. Wash them in cold and hang them to try won't shrink as much. Also when you buy jeans ask the employees how much they shrink and where they shrink and make sure that they own a pair otherwise your screwed. I've spent hundreds of dollars on jeans that been washed twice and could never wear them again. Honestly though go for Silver jeans I've had to put mine in the dryer sadly and the shrinkage was minimal

• I know! I hate buying jeans, but I love to wear them! I'll check them out next time. Thanks

• I never knew that about using a dryer ruins elastic in jeans!

• Really I thought everyone did every time I go jean shopping the sales person always reminds me of it. It's true I can always tell the difference between the jeans that have never been in the dryer and the ones that have

What Guys Said 7

• N omagic; jeans are made for 'average' bodies, not for athletes. Even 'average' thin bodies. not fit, muscled bodies.

Guys have the same problem. We sometimes try the same trick you do, wearing them while still damp.

• At least I'm not the only one with these problems!

• No, most fit people have this problem with most trousers...unless you break down and have them custom made.

• St Johns Bay, problem solved, not even Diesel, Levi, Gap, Lucky, Abercrombie, or Banana will do, St Johns Bay can be found at Kmart or Kohls and the sh*t will last you forever unlike higher end jeans that rip, get faded and shrink. These jeans will make your nice a.ss and nice legs show through. I love girls that have those "I played soccer in high school" legs, f.ucking yummy. I could hump your legs like a dog.

• Anything from the waist down, a girl can have a gut and medium size t*ts but if she has nice legs, ass, feet and a nice pink tight p.ussy, I'm a hound dog.

• spandex is your friend

• Hmm I read junk in the trunk.. and problem. I m having a hard time putting these words in the same sentence

• It's going to be an issue. I usually have to buy baggy jeans otherwise it's too difficult to get them to fit properly.

• I never really realized this was an issue for guys too until I posted this Q.

• I guess guys who have this problem end up getting a bigger size and wearing a belt? Or are they made blended with spandex, same as women's jeans?

• No - I usually get my waist taken in as I need the size in my thigh and calf areas so also buy Boot fit style.

• Yoga pants. Just sayin' :P

• get them fitted. learn how to sew.

then you can make all of your clothes look better...

What Girls Said 7

• Jeans are typically made for girls with no curves or butt. Clothing companies like to think that everyone is shaped like giant 12-year-olds, and don't even accommodate for curves in larger sizes.

As a curvier individual, I've learned that you have to look for jeans that specifically say "curvy fit" or "for wider hips" etc. Personally, I like jeans at Old Navy because they have different styles to fit different body types. I get the Sweetheart style because it's made to fit people with small waists and big butts.

• I have this same exact problem! I'm a cyclist, and therefore have a lot of muscle in my quads and butt, but I am very slender everywhere else. I'm also 5'11", needless to say, finding jeans is a nightmare - I like old navy's long sweetheart jeans, but even then I have to get them in a bigger size to fit and end up with a couple inches at my waist. I eventually just found wearing a really good belt to be the only way to wear jeans.

• I don't know if you are a tall person but I am kind of short (5.4) for the standard jean size. I am also super muscly in my thighs and butt. But what I found is that you go into petite sizes. You have way better luck because the butts are bigger and the length is shorter.

• I'm the same height as you. Instead of hemming them I usually where boots with an inch or two heel.

• But they don't only fit for height but they are also bigger in the butt and thighs which really helped me and might help you. I used to always hem mine too but now that I go into petites I will never go back.

• Plus I never have to wear a belt now!

• I'm a dancer I feel your pain. And then stuff is always too big above my butt and in the waist area and it will "puff out" and anyone can look down. Forever21s basic jeans fit me, although they are a bit tight in the butt and thigh area I've washed and dried them hundreds of times.

• Thanks. I don't think I've seen them in stores around me though but I'll try to find them.

• Oh and cocabang makes jeans catered towards athletic build women with small waists and big butts and thighs. They're really expensive though $190 or you do this pledge thing where 7 other people you know have to pledge then they're only $75 or something. I know Levi does that curve ID thing. And old navy's sweetheart work for some people.

• Sweet, thanks. I think I'm gonna try to motivate myself for jeans shopping today or tomorrow

• Colombian jeans from Colombia are pretty good with that. They usually sell them in Spanish stores.

• I'm not sure if I know of any Spanish stores near me. I'll try to Google it

• I don't know if you have a store in your area called Pretty Woman but they sell them there too. If not, I can look in my closet for brand names of jeans that are pretty good for big butts.

• I'm glad the silver jeans worked ut for you!

• Thanks. So am I! I tried on jeans for three hours & was mentally/emotionally exhausted by the time I got home. Yesterday I wore the Silvers to work and a bunch of girls complimented me on them. And today I wore the Ariya ones, and a guy walked into a shelving unit behind me and knocked sh.t everywhere. I caught him shamelessly staring at me all day. Lol... Woman tested; man approved.

• Why not just try to wear other things that flatter your figure instead of jeans? LOL

• I would, but I'm basically a farmer's daughter. I can't really get on my knees in the dirt picking potatoes and such wearing khakis. Besides, I love jeans and there has to be brands out there for athletic types.

• Just have to point out you can get down in the dirt in shorts. Sorry I just got used to it but either way jeans are essentials

• Ticks are really bad here. I only show some leg if I'm going somewhere urban.