I am so un-photogenic.

Ive always been self conscious since an early age. I have such a messed up nose, I've been thinking about rhinoplasty a long time. but its expensive and I don't know what people will think of me, or it if I get it. My smile is just, not even a good smile on photos. I look so.. ugly.

I think I'm average in looks but.. when it comes to photos, I am just so ugly when its a close picture. from afar you don't notice much of course so..

i am disgusted with my looks pretty much. no girl would want to go out with a guy who can't even take a good picture of myself. I am so un-photogenic, I can't believe it when I'm talking with people, they wonder why they are hanging with me. Sure I can make jokes and talk about loads of things, and keep it interesting. But come on. I'm just so ugly in photos.. I don't know what to think about real life anymore. I want to get this surgery but then again, I don't know what to do.

fml. I hate my life 90% of the time. f*** it 95% of the time.

Most Helpful Girl

• you shouldn't diss yourself like that. it's not healthy. are you the type to be majorly harsh on themselves? because btw I am hard on myself too. I look in the mirror and I point out errors as well. if in your opinion, if it isn't exaggerated, if you think you truly need surgery, then go for it. but don't be so negative and harsh on yourself. what do your close friends say about your looks. trust me, I've gone out with a guy who was unphotogenic and it was his personality that made up for it. so maybe it isn't too bad like you describe. I used to be very negative about myself too. I never did surgery but maybe talking to a professional and asking your close loved ones what they perceive to be the right route for you may be helpful. obviously I don't know how you look exactly and I'm just trying to help based on the information you gave. but if others say you look ok, then you shouldn't spend like 7 grand on rhinoplasty. most importantly, don't be so harsh on yourself

What Girls Said 6

• Some of us, unfortunately, are not photogenic. I've seen people in real life that aren't what would be considered pretty or handsome, but they take a good picture. Then myself, well, I can't take a good picture to save my life. I've never been photogenic at all.

And a surgery won't fix that. You have to find ways around it. I know I take bad pictures, so I always make sure they are digital (so I can touch them up!). Or, when I'm on vacation, I take very few pictures of myself and more of other people. I, in essence, became the girl behind the camera instead of the one in front.

But really you need to get comfortable with yourself, however you can achieve that. If a surgery will make you feel better about yourself, then do it. If you just need to play around with a camera and see what lighting, angles, etc. work for you to make you feel better about pics, then do that.

• Lol it takes me like 1/75 photos to actually get a decent one. its ridiculous. but I know that those pictures aren't really me. its just the angle/lighting/etc. but then again everyone uses that to make themselves feel/look better. I just know its fake. even for other people

• i've discovered that 99.9999% of the time, the people who hate the way they look are probably the most beautiful people I've ever seen. I honestly mean that.

you're being wayyyyyyyyy too hard on yourself. by who's standards aren't you attractive? everybody has a personal preference. I wouldn't go changing my face. you never know who's looking at you. you might be so beautiful to someone that they won't even approach you because they don't think they're good enough. just accept the way that you were made. you could've been borned with horrible deformed features or diseases or missing limbs... a number of things could've happened, but you were born healthy and are blessed just for that, so appreciate yourself.

• everyone has bad points. everyone has things that they never like about themselves. plus, if you say everyone doesn't want to hang out with you, then why do they? they want to be your friend but with a negative attitude, no one will. you have to start with small things that you like about yourself and then build until you love yourself. my little sister has that porblem. she has ears that stick out from ehr head nad to her they look like dumbos ears. she looks at every imperfection on her body and she gets negative. but I help her get better. nobodys perfect. everyone has bad times. but its no reason to hate your imperfection. I can't take photos either. it shows everything I hate at a close distance and far away. I hate it. I hate taking photos. but I try and love my imperfection. you should try too. and if you hate still hate it, try and change it.

• And then its hard to actually go to parties or out to a club, or just any situation where pics can be taken and then uploaded on facebook. that's probably why I don't go out alot. :/ man

• I know. I feel so disgusted when someone takes my pic but I stand there and take it. I mean, I don't have nose probs but I am somewhat large and it shows. I hate it but I will do it with my friends. plus, I know what's coming out of the cmaera and I say to myself "i don't care what that camera shows, I love myself and that's the only opinion that counts" and it helps.

• Don't be so mean to yourself! D: A lot of people (myself included) have flaws that they pick at. They make it bigger than it really is because they know it's there. You know that saying 'you are your own worst critic'? It's true. Most of the time, other people don't even notice these flaws... But like Reeses said, if it is really as bad as you say, then by all means get the surgery if you really want to and you believe it will make you happier and make you feel more comfortable with yourself. If you really are considering it, here is some information that might be good to know:

link

I really hope it helps, and that you'll be happy if you go through with this.

• By all means. people notice me. I'm not exactly ur average joe looking guy.

• Damn, I feel exactly like this.

• Ahh god. Ditto.

What Guys Said 3

• Dude, I was in the same boat as you long ago. At times, I still am. At times, I think I am the most unphotogenic person in the world. I hate taking photos because I hate my smile but then again I hate not smiling because I look like a thug trying to act hardcore. In addition, I'm also losing some of my hair, I have a giant birthmark near my eye, and I think my nose is too big.

You know what though? I move on and think to myself "I'm not a bad looking guy at all. I'm average at best, so that's not bad. I can still get girls". And I do. It's all about confidence, man.I say f* the world, I know I look good. You got to think the same think. I still get dates, I still hit on girls, and I strive for goals I establish in life. Do put yourself down. Never do that. Don't give yourself negative energy. It just makes your depressed and think bad things about yourself.

Life is what you make it. Cliche I know, but it's true.

• Wow. you sound like me in the future lol. I know what ur saying is true. but I guess its piquing for me right now. ugh

• Haha, if that's true then when you reach my age you will probably wonder "why the hell is everyone getting married so young? Should I get married too?" Which the answer to that is no haha

Yeah, I feel ya man. We all have those moments. Trust me, dude, it could be worst. You could be in a hospital bed ever since birth or in prison for 20 years, etc. I remember seeing this guy who was less attractive than me dating this fine looking girl. Hell if he can do, why can't we? lol Remember: confidence.

• Thanks man. you really know what I'm going through. I really appreciate your comfort

• Sounds like you are going through a crisis of self-esteem, or perhaps it is chronically low self-esteem. Either way, I am neither photogenic nor handsome in real life. But even I still managed to date a lot of pretty, intelligent, interesting girls and married the best one of them all.

• Look, not all girls are out for looks alone. They don't define who you are, or what you're about, and they never will. It's who you are, and what you're like as a person that defines you. Chin up~