Have you ever been upset, mad or even wanted to break up with your partner because of a style choice?

This could be anything, from new clothing, new hair style, facial hair, new make up. new tattoos, piercings, anything.

"probably if he decide to grow his hair and wear feminine clothes"

Would the rest of you girls agree?

Most Helpful Girl

• No. There's things I wouldn't be excited about, but I love him for him and not his "style". I know my boyfriends is very against a lot of my hair color ideas but I don't think he'd break up with me over it unless I went all out with blue hair (which I kinda want), tattoos, piercings, etc. but it would probably be because all that together would make him less attracted to me. Also I know he looks forward to one day having a wholesome Christian family. So I won't get any tattoos. I don't want them anyway. But I may dye my hair blue some day. I'm sure he'd get over it. I'd dye it back before we had kids. I'd get tired of the color anyway.. I always do. BUT if HE started dressing like a girl? Then I'd have to let go. I'm into guys. I don't want a girlie boyfriend. But if he shaved his head for some crazy reason or decides he liked flannel or tanning, I'd live with it

What Girls Said 8

• No. It's his body. I'm not his mother and I don't "control" him. He can dress how he wants and I don't care about piercings and tattoos, again, it's his body.

• I used to like this guy for completely superficial reasons and when he began to gain weight I began to look at other guys but if I like a guy for his personality, I don't care how fat he is.

• No it's his body. If he got a weird tattoo he'd have to live with it on his body not me. (in that situation with my boyfriend) He got his first name tattooed across his back. I'd understand if it was his last name but it's his body. It's a phase he's going through. And already regrets the tattoo. If it's a piercing, oh well. Once again it's his body. New hair cut? it's hair. Imagine having cancer and not having hair at all. It's superficial to break up with someone over their own style choice.

• I haven't, but once I was in a serious relationship with a guy and I cut my hair. It had been down to my lower back and I cut it to above my shoulders. He actually got incredibly mad, but got over it.

• @update: if it was something that changed my attraction to him, then it's possible. But I just can't imagine what that would be...

• probably if he decide to grow his hair and wear feminine clothes...

• I'm not that shallow

• "if he decide to grow his hair and wear feminine clothes"

So you wouldn't mind if you man decided to do this one day?

• ok and what would you talk to him about? would you want him to change it back?

• I would ask what's going in with him and why the style change Changing how you look does not change who you are and if he changed that dramatically there would obviously be a reason for it so I would try and help him through it

• No, but my last boyfriend used to do that to me. He wanted to choose my clothes and hairstyle.

• No. That'd be the dumbest thing to get upset about.

• Even if that style choice was a huge flaming skull on his neck?

• It's his body. I'd tell him it looked retarded but I wouldn't get "mad." Now if he put a flaming skill one *my* neck? That would make me mad. :p

What Guys Said 5

• nope, she could buzz cut her hair I'd still be with her. I'd probably have a talk with her if she wanted to get her face tattooed lol. That's my limit.

I know too many guys that would dump their girl for getting a visible tattoo. They can use all the excuses they want... looks trashy, family disapproval. In the end they open the door to being dumped for equally shallow reasons.

• I have said " I'm not going anywhere with you looking like that!"

She stayed home & I went out.

• I would wonder why all the sudden she's changing her style but no I most likely wouldn't; that would be a shallow thing to do

• even if that choice was to shave her head and grow a mohawk?

• Again, I would wonder why she did it (whether she lies about it or not). If it was to impress another man, then yeah, I might...I mean, shouldn't I be the only man she should be trying to impress, right? But yeah, if it's for me, then like I said, that would be such a shallow thing to do

• yes.

saw her for lunch & she had a pink sweats outfit...jacket & pants. looked very white trash. felt like I was with the pink panther.

i could have been OK with it if it was like 'cute' VS Pink stuff with the matching thong/bra but it wasnt.

• Yeah. I hate when she speaks, but for some unfortunate reason she can.