Do you say, ''You look good in that outfit', or 'That outfit looks good on you.'

The first is much more flirtatious, the second is phrased in terms of fashion...!

When do you use one, or the other?

Only one answer to this splendid question?

Most Helpful Guy

• I use it essentially the way you suggest. I use the latter when I don't want to seem like I'm coming onto someone, because I'm talking about the clothes rather than the person.

What Girls Said 5

• 'That outfit looks good on you.' .. is what I usually say.

Why? Because it takes a certain person to rock a certain outfit well.

If I said ''You look good in that outfit', it would make it seem like they don't look good in all their other outfits, lmao.

• you look good in that outfit!

that outfit looks good on you is a diss to their looks! lol

• One is a dis and the other a compliment in my book. That outfit looks good on you would be me commending their clothing choice. You look good in that outfit would be saying they don't usually look good, but the clothes they have on are making them look good. I would choose to compliment them of course and say that outfit looks good on you which would imply that they are already hot, but the clothes bring out the best in them :)

• "niau!" that suits you

• I tend to use the former more ..actually I don't see much difference

What Guys Said 3

• I use the first one if I'm trying to hint that I find someone attractive, the second is one I'd use if I wanted to keep a distance from a girl that I wasn't really into, but didn't want to say something like, you look just awful.

• I don't think I've ever made a conscious effort to think of which one to use when. I either say something akin to those phrases or just say nothing at all.

• Intersting observation