What do you think the world will look like in 2088?

Some of you may still be alive by then, so I'm curious as to what you all think that year will look like. How different do you think things will be then compared to now?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that many of the depressive views shared by others are unrealistic. Earth will not be a desolate wasteland or a concrete jungle. The global population acts based on the basic human emotions of discomfort and comfort. Right now the products we get from deforestation and fossil fuels provides us a ton of comfort, with little discomfort. The situation is slowly progressing in the opposite direction however, and many countries are taking steps to ease the increasing levels of discomfort. Germany for example, the greatest power in Europe, has adopted a plan that could see them become nearly fully powered by renewable resources within the next 40 years. Countries like America are beginning to feel the discomfort too, and while it looks like we will never get ahead of the global warming issue,i predict that in the next ten years there will be a shift. Discomfort for Americans will become too great as we become weaker, no longer be shielded by our national power. Then we will collectively seek the comfort back, and we will find it in nature. Sure the future looks bleak now, but every time in history that mankind has faced the ultimate discomfort, extinction, we have overcome the obstacles and wound up in a place of relative comfort again. Every generation is faced with life or death issues, and as the issues grow so do our solutions. On a different note, I agree with other who say religion will rapidly decline and human rights will see a sharp rise.

What Girls Said 15

• i think homosexuality will be openly accepted and todays times will be looked back on as close minded like when we look back on when womens rights and black rights (coming out of slavery and being seen as equals) were being fought for and seemed like society was closed minded back then for not fully accepting it across the board.

i think science will have advanced a great deal; science and technology really boomed this past two decades in particular so hopefully itll keep developing at this rate and we will see some pretty advanced things in the future. I also think religion will become less and less credible as science and tech advances, hopefully we will find out the actual start of the universe and other hard questions within my life time because I really want to know! lol

unfortunately I think there will be another billion or so people alive and deforestation will have cut down a lot of wild animals habitats making them more scarce or borderline extinct besides zoo stock with a lot of wild lands we have now turned into concrete cities. maybe a few spaces are reserved for wildlife parks but there won't be as many open areas or jungles as there are now.

a hell of a lot more pollution unless we develop some pollution free transport and stuff.

• think Mad Max or maybe Waterworld

• I think that people will be more educated and open minded. There will be less religion also. hmmm I don't think it will be bad.

• maybe less religion but more real spirituality as we will be more awaken

• I think with less religion we will be able to look into our own hearts and decide for ourselves what we consider moral.

• I will hopefully be dead by then

• Worse than is now.

• Freakishly OLD! But still freakin awesome! Maybe I look cute old haha

My grandma died at 102, and only because she fell. She was a super cool lady. She used to say "you are so pretty", and I would say, "aww, so are you", and she would say, "no, I'm shriveled" haha, itwas so funny!

Anyway, I'm not sure I'll even want to live that long.

• Ooh! I swear I read YOU, instead of WORLD! I must be full of myself lol

I think the world will be very computerized, and there will be all these awesome new gadgets.. Nobody will own a computer, a homephone, a camera, or anything like that, because more than likely, the cellphone will have taken over pretty much everything.. In a more advanced world. anymore

• *raw* baby *rawr* ^_^

• Haha! :P

Raawr!

• I want to be dead by then, but I really don't know what it would look like. Up until 2000, the world has progressed so much and since then it has been on a decline. So many things that should have developed, haven't. We are not more open-minded, peaceful, intelligent or capable. We do not posses the technology that some great men thought we would by now. We're investing in all the wrong places.

• The planet will have caught on fire by the year 2060

• I will be long dead hopefully.

• I will see the world in 2088 through daisy's, because that is what I will be pushing up.

• Hopefully I will be dead before 30

• Like the inside of a but, Janson. That's how. lol

• that's depressing!

• So.. not so depressing after all! lol

My work here is done.

(walks away and slams door).

• Only because I too sometimes have a sick sense of humor ^_^

• Desolate wasteland.

• i doubt ill be alive by then. Kind of scary sh*t !

• without you in it.

What Guys Said 20

• With the current trajectory we're on I hope to God I will be long since dead, I do not want to see the horror that will be this world in 2088.

• that will be the year I turn 100, that is if I live that long, lol, I was born 1988, but as a sarcastic comment, I bet L.A. will still be without an NFL team, haha, it's always on-again, off-again talk about whether the NFL will ever return to L.A. but L.A. and the NFL just can't seem to negotiate, come to an agreement both will agree on

• Super Advanced Technology more powerful supercomputers more readily available supercomputers more scientific discoveries and more technologies that make you sad because they replace everything you've come to know and love but yet technologist that make life better and more grander than ever thought possible massive skyscrapers made of material 10 times stronger than steel and possibly Flying cars and under ground trains that move faster than the speed of sound

• all species will get f*cked up thanks to the arrogance and stupidity of humans. I think in the next 2 centuries, human will probably start to go extinct. digging our own graves ftw.

if humans go extinct, then earth and all its organisms will start to heal.

• It will look pretty much like Fallout 3.

• A world of conflict and energy scarcity. Failing civilizations and the promises of ages past dumped in the garbage can of history. Prepare to live local, prepare to live harsh lives and prepare to live.

• Big ciies, overpopulated, increased automation, nature essentially taken out of the picture.

• I hate thinking of all the possiblities because I won't see them almost makes me cry...

• Young... I'll be 107...

• link scary they did not predict tv?

• well it will be sort of like this link

• It will be too futuristic. World wars, civil wars, riots, protestors, spacebattles, alien invasion, zombie apocalypse & etc.A demon invasion from mars as well.

• Oh, for spacebattles they will be rebels from another planet or from here or with other military forces.

• We will all be 75 years older

• Hopefully less religion.

• I have no idea. Maybe flying cars?

• Women will always be naked, especially at beaches.

People will have the internet in their brains--these may be the stupid people.

High speed trains. Flying cars.

Women will always be naked, especially at beaches.

Buy computer chips for your brain so you learn faster.

Scientists will figure out a way to slow down the aging process, resulting in people living longer.

The wealthy and poor will be even more divided.

People will be able to upload their consciousness to computers and machines.

• White people will go extinct.

Asians will take over the world.

• Probably about like Tacloban looks today.

• A big smoking ball of sh*t

• We probably failed to save the earth from global warming by then, so maybe a rise in sea levels. yeah I see the glass half empty for the future :(