Why do people tend to assume I'm a slut/dumb? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I genuinely don't get this. I'm abstinent, have had the same boyfriend for nearly two years, and don't flirt with everything that moves. At worst I'll wear a mini skirt one day but I'll always wear one with tights and make sure to not reveal too much at the top. But people automatically assume I'm not a virgin and have banged the countryside.

As for dumb, people just always tend to underestimate me and think of me as a dumb bimbo at times. Tbh I consider myself smarter than most people (or at the very least smart enough to not make instant assumptions about someone).

Could it have something to do with my physical appearance? Am I too girlie or friendly looking or what?

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably because you're too good looking (and maybe money is involved). people assume that a beautiful (and rich) person obtains what it needs a bit easier than the rest (which may or may not be true), so they also tend to believe that beautiful (rich) people don't put that much effort into education, upbringing, social skills, that these people live in a world of their own (which again in some cases it's true). beautiful and rich don't mix well.

People tend to get intimidated before getting to know you, SO they rather find an easier explanation for the fact that communication with you failed. e.g. "she's slutty, she's dumb, she's stuck up".

It happens, don't worry...

What Guys Said 8

• It probably has to do with the attitude you are putting forth/putting out to others. Try and be more reserved around those you are not as friendly with.

From your description I could not tell you exactly why most people are getting this impression of you.

• I think your big eyes and somewhat brassy makeup style make people think you are trying to look bimbo-ish. Try toning down the makeup about 75% and you'll quickly lose that bimbo image.

• It could have a lot to do with your appearance, but not just physical features(though those do influence tons of misconceptions). The appearance you get from wearing tight or thin clothes makes it appear that you are trying to show off your form to the world. The people you spend time with also influences your image, if you are best friends with a girl who is easy then people will assume you are too. Overall, guessing a person's lifestyle is stupid if you have nothing but looks to go by, but that is often all we use. I will say though that the virginity thing is a logical conclusion. It is rare to find a girl in her late twenties with a boyfriend of two years who has never had sex, even if they are not slits.

• It's because hot females in our society don't have to be intelligent to make a living, as a rule, so naturally most of them don't bother with using that thing in between their temples. It's just a reality, and stereotypes will make people assume you're not too bright, until they get to know you.

• Sadly it is true. I know someone who gave his girlfriend at the time a copy of a research paper to use for class. He got a mediocre grade on it yet the same paper got her a good grade on it. Teachers grade with their dicks.

• Why do you assume you're such a smart person? TBH you sound snobby and that makes me think people are stupid.

• I'm currently a member of MENSA...that's why...I'm so so so sorry if I came off as snobby. I wasn't trying to.

• Yeah but at least the competitiveness is passive and over long periods of time rather than in thirty second confrontations with bloody noses at the end

• Actually I like how guys settle things out more than females. Girls are catty and ruthless...tbh even a girl's friends are catty and jealous and over competitive half the time. At least with guys it's you fist it out, get a bloody nose, and it's over. Then again I'm not a guy so I wouldn't know how it works as well.

• Actually, its cause you're prettier than average. People judge you out of jealousy. You're probably too nice so you think people need a good reason to be a**holes.. but they don't lol

• Well, given you've been witih the same guy for 2 years I think it's certainly unfair to assume you're a slut unless people have strong reasons to believe you're cheating on him. However it's understandable that they assume you're having sex with him. After all it's been 2 years! Poor guy!

• I don't know you so can't say or judge

What Girls Said 6

• Me too! I have the same problem. People when I first meet them think I'm dumb and a slut too. I'm on the smarter end too (I'm Asian afterall). But I have never meant a person who was straight out rude to me. Are people straight out rude or mean too you? It could be the way you talk too. I tend to talk really fast and use bad grammar because I get excited easily. But don't let what people think/say to you get you down because then you will just end up bitter, sad, and alone. Be positive and just be happy with who you are. Don't change yourself to please other!

• I get this a lot too. One of my teachers even told me he thought I was a total airhead when he met me... Which totally defies all stereotypes lol. And my friends and I were talking about our first impressions of each other and they all thought I was a sl** and intimidating b*tch at first. I honestly don't know but you're really pretty so maybe that's why :)

• You may just be too sexy for people to handle lol

• You're really pretty and males have it drilled in their small minds that pretty means slut.

• Maybe it's your attitude, the way you walk or talk?

• maybe you take things the wrong way and are too sensitive?