Is cute a good thing?

Alright I'm 20 years old but probably look like I'm 18 because I have a baby face. I'm 5'8", 160 lbs., physically fit, and instead of being hot I always hear that I'm cute. To me its not a good thing, I'd much rather be hot or sexy to girls because the type of guys that girls say that about are usually chased by girls. I'm just curious on what the ladies mean when they say a guy is cute. Is it a good thing?

Thanks to everybody that answered, I feel a lot better about being "cute". lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Cute guys are keepers, hot guys are only worth to stare at...

• Wow. now that's an answer. :]

• Thank you, I hope it my answer helped you

• Too bad she's Anonymous. now she can't get the credit

Hahhaha!

What Girls Said 27

• Yes being cute is a good thing, sometimes us girls just don't know what else to say but cute, at least to me cute is the same thing as hot or sexy so no worries

• I like cute guys- when I'm with them I feel sparkly and adorable, like the cute factor for me is multipllied with a cutie just being nearby. Plus, I feel safe and protected and cherished. Being cute is a definate good thing- typically, you guys have really nice personalities.

Hotties tend to be jerks and sexy guys tend to have STDs, so stay cute!

• Being called cute is a good thing. Even if a guy is super good-looking, I might still call him cute because there is something about him (in his personality, mannerisms, etc.) that I find really attractive. In other words, there is some other interesting trait about him that draws me to him other than his physical appearance.

• If I like a guy, I normally look at him and say 'he's cute/hot'. Both are good :) if you're cute you'll still have girls chasing you. Btw, most girls say cute because they don't want to seem too forward with a guy, many girls probably find you hot, they just don't say it.

• a lot of times girls and guys have different definaitions for cute. When a guy says a girl is cute that is exactly what he thinks. But girls a lot of time will use cute as a similie and interchange it with fine, hot, sexy, adorable, or whatever. I've seen hot guys and said "man, he is cute." With us, cute is a GOOD thing :-)

• fishing for compliments? j/k

I rarely (if ever) say hot. I say cute first. Guys have come back saying "I don't want to be cute" so I will correct myself and say sexy instead. But in my head they are the same thing... its just that cute comes to mind first.

I would also consider her tone and her age too. If she's young and/or says you're cute more often in a omg-look-at-that-puppy tone she might not think you are as hot. If she is older and/or says you're cute in a more down to earth tone, she probably means sexy but said cute out of habit.

• Cute means that he's got it going for him...everywhere...personality, looks, charm, etc. Usually cute guys are really great! Cute is good! :)

• if I called a guy cute, it means I think he's adorable or someone I can get along with, or I'm flirting, something like that I guess

• Yes it's a lot better than being considered ugly, plain-looking, or just average. That's what I think about myself - usually I'm considered "cute" and I'm thankful for that both because I used to not be told that like I am now and because a lot of guys now are crushing on me just because of that.

Also girls really aren't supposed to "chase" guys but really the other way around so just be a man and go after the girls you like!

• Wow I really can't believe that 5 people have disagreed with me! and nobody even told me why!

• They don't like it that you boast about your looks ("a lot of guys now are crushing on me"... "usually I'm considered cute").

• Oh okay wow.

I wasn't trying to like boast about my looks but explain that even though I'm considered JUST "cute" versus usually "hot" a lot of guys are now crushing on me. my point was that cute is a good criteria for wanting to date or hook up with someone; someone doesn't need to be hot or a perfect 10.

geeze people, read the context.

• Cute is often better than hot. In my opinion at least, hot often embodies only the physical aspects while cute typically includes personality as well.

• Judging by your picture, you're definitely the "cute" type, and that's certainly not a bad thing. Cute guys are unique and quirky and are really fun to be around. Of course I dig the hotties too but each of them's got something different. BUT since you are cute, don't let your mind get too sucked into "am I cute or hot?" because then you'll become self-absorbed and no matter how "hot" or "cute" a guy is, being self-absorbed ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS puts them on the 'NOOO THANKS" list. BLECH.

• If I say a guy is Cute it is a GREAT thing. Cute guys tend to be nicer and more attractive when it comes to a relationship then hott or sexy guys. Hott guys tend to have bigger egos which is a turn off to most girls. Girls who chase Hott or sexy guys are more likely to get hurt then finding a cute guy who respects women who find him attractive. I dated a guy with the biggest baby face, he still has not grown out of it (and I doubt he ever will) but he was the sweetest and most giving guy I ever dated. On contrast I dated a "hott" guy who was the biggest man whore. Not only did he cheat on me with his ex, he got her pregnant. Cute = Much Better. In my opinion.

• I'm sorry, girls may THINK they are paying a compliment to a guy by saying "cute", but they may as well castrate the poor man. Cute is not a good term. If a girl is deeply attracted to a man, she'll find a different term. I hate the word cute, but I hand the term to my guy friends that are completely sibling-like in my eyes... not good news for you. Maybe they say that because you're smaller (I don't mean that as a cut down, but 5'8" isn't very tall for a guy. So while you're proportionate and well toned, you're still smaller than 6'0", which is what taller girls look for).

You want a woman that describes you as- irresistable, handsome, dashing, tantalizing, etc... ;)

Good luck!

• All of those words... irresistible, dashing, tantalizing sound way over the top. super cheesy. super corny. really scripted in my opinion. I guess handsome is okay but cute is so much better!

• Would you call a grown man cute? Yes, for people who don't read and constantly expand their vocabulary, of course they wouldn't feel comfortable saying those other words; but cute is a filler word. It's like "cool", or "nice", there's no SPARK to it. Dig a little deeper. The least you could do is say attractive. Cute should be reserved for puppies and babies... not a man.

BTW, I called a man in his 30's dashing, he liked it. We spent an hour talking... and he bought my drink.

• Course he bought you a drink, he wants to get you in his bed.

JK. But most of the time its true lol

• cute is definately positive! It's a real compliment coming from a girl... means that you are worth loving basically.

• I love cute guys! I'm 20 and people say I look 14 so it kinda sucks but I never get called hot only cute.

• you look cute! but I would say you're hot lol

• Cute is waaay better than hot. Yeah, hot guys are great to look at... But cute guys are better, it's easier to relate to cute guys. They have more going for them nd they seem way more sincere!:-) Cute is good!

• Cute is a very good thing, so I don't understand why guys hate being called it. And you are pretty cute by the way, lol.

• Oh sweetheart if theyr'e saying your cute, it's a good thing. A lot of hot guys I say theyr'e cute. I use that term cute for all guys no matter if theyr'e sizzling or just all right...

• Ahh I forgot about the term pretty boy. I do use that but very very rarely. Pretty boy means just that, they're pretty beyond cute.

• A girl rarely says that a guy is hot that's she interested in to at least his face.We may think "Damn he's hott" in our heads but we're not going to tell you.Cute is a good thing

• i think being cute is defintly a good thing. and that you are :)

• I always tell guys they are cute as opposed to hot. It just sounds less tacky. I don't think you actually look different from any other guy, it's just that girls are more likely to use the word "cute"

• I call hot guys cute sometimes because its easier to say without sounding like a pervert :p

• Haha exactly me too. I feel weird telling my boyfriend he is hot, it makes me feel like the man.

• in the long run, girls will want a CUTE guy, NOT a hot/sexy guy...your "cute" baby looks will work in your favor in a few years, you'll see

• your little muscle there is pretty damn cute lol aww I just want to pinch him

• Haha, see that's what I'm talking about! I'm treated like a kid!

• Im just playing I would deff. go to bed with you!!

• Ok then! lol. I'll take that as a compliment. so thanks

• It means your good looking...and you are! :)

• cute is good!

• Yes, I would say cute is a good thing. I don't really like pretty boys anyways.

What Guys Said 8

• Okay , I'm 25 years old. I know exactly what your going thru. Now, there's 2 ways at looking at this. are you ready? Well in my experience, being cute did get me laid, but not as much as the hot guys. Feel me? Like put it this way. I have hot guy friends (no homo) and they always get laid like after hte bar/club on numerous occassions. Its kinda hard to explain, but I'm sure you know what I mean. Like, girls like hot guys becuase they can easily see themselves f***ing them. But if your a "cute" guy, girls don't really see that. They see you as a friend more than a quick f***. The girls that like hot guys don't necesssarily want relationships with them, because they know that the hot guy will not be faithful, .b/cthey know he has a lot of girls chasing him..

So this is your project. Ask someone to help you become hotter. Tell them that you don't want to be cute anymore. It might be your swagger/confidence/. Maybe you need to act like a asshole more. Maybe you need to dress differently. DOnt be so nice to girls. I don't mean like, hit them/aggressive sh*t, but take control of situations. Girls like it when a guy is incontrol..Start off little by little. Tomrrow when you wake up, and yyou go into public, act a little bit more confident, speak out. ACt like people around you need to be hired for your company. And that they need to impress you, and not vise versa.

• Thanks man, I really think I do need to act more like that. I'm too nice most of the time. Appreciate the anser

• Coming from a straight guy - you have nothing to worry about. Who cares about words? Actions are 100x more meaningful.

Short, simple, blunt, and to the point. ;)

Hope it helps man~

ArtistBBoy

• ^_^ If this helped you post it as "best answer" that way others can see it right below your question - future generations may be able to benefit from this also. Thanks for your time~

ArtistBBoy

• Yeah, I know where you're coming from. I used to get called "cute" by girls that were actually younger than me, and it felt almost demeaning in a way. I used to say, "hey, I'm older, you should consider me hot", they just laughed but didn't understand.

Since this is a 18-24 question, give it time so you can develop into your looks, with age you'll go from cute to hot and/or handsome. Haha, don't worry, you can still beat out the "hot" guys by being "cute".

• Cute doesn't describe a hot/good looking guy. even a midget is cute, so no, cute is not a good thing.

• It's better than other things they could call you

A compliment is a compliment

• lol I know what you feel like man, try being asian I'm 20 5'8 about 120ish I look like I'm 15

• some girls like cute its all on the girl

• It's better than nothing at all : )