Is it natural for girls to automatically smile when someone looks at them?

I'm noticing this a lot lately. I'll be looking at a girl and she'll see me looking in her direction and she'll just get smiley. This is happening more often than what I am used to. Do girls normally do this whenever anyone looks at them?

Most Helpful Girl

• well I think it depends on the girl, I for example before was really not caring about anything (rebel) and I looked at people like "what is it?"

then I went into this phase where I'm the serious girl and I looked at people really serious which cause them to look away scared (I didn't really meant to TTnTT I'm just to shy)

but now I tried to change that attitude since I know it makles people feel bad and look at them like I would normally do and I try to give a sweet gaze like you "if you need me I'll be here" and try to smile to make them feel nice

What Girls Said 11

• I think many girls will smile out of politeness. Depending on the smile it could mean that they're just being kind or they may find you attractive. If it's something you've seen only recently, then maybe you've improved your looks or style or charm, or something.

But yeah, :)

• Depends on the girl and depends on the situation. Some people just do it out of politeness, since only staring would be considered rude.

• I do! I cannot control it.

Especially if I'm walking. :D!

Perhaps you want to observe the way in which she smiles when you look at her, in contrast to the way she smiles when someone else looks at her?

If to everyone else the smile is different than the smile she gets when she catches your eye, then it probably means something... If it's just the same, then you're thinking too much!

Most people do it, because it's just a natural nice thing to do and usually the other person returns the smile. Others are just grumpy people who don't like to smile because they are mad at the world! and then there are those giggly people like me! WE laugh for anything!

• no ! ! even as a child I hated it when people outside of my family looked at me. I avert my eyes because I feel embarrassed. never do I smile.

• I do it, not all the time, but sometimes. I feel like it's polite. However, I try not to make a point to not smile so big when a guy looks at me because I don't want to give him the wrong message.

• Girls smile at me when I look at them, so I guess everyone.

• No. Only with an acquaintance who has said hi to me before.

• No not for me

• No. Some girls are just naturally smiley.

• I generally do with people in general, but if it's a guy I'm attracted to, I usually get shy and am afraid to smile lol I don't know why.

• no lol...

most of the time I don't smile...

depends on my mood...

depends who is looking at me...

What Guys Said 5

• There are people who just tend to smile, whether they are having a good day or like to appear friendly. I used to always smile regardless who I was looking at. Some girls told me they felt special until they realized I just smile at everything, even my enemies, lol.

• This is a cultural happenstance so yes in your case it is "natural", or rather "expected", that this reaction occurs.

• If you are attracted to that person it's natural for boys also

• They never smile at me when I look at them lol. It would really depend on the girl but I see no reason why the majority of them would smile when someone looks at them.

• Yes, but in my experience, that only happens if it's girls whom I'm good friends with