Is being called cute a good thing?

Guys usually only call me cute, and sometimes I'd rather be hot/sexy. Yeah I hear that I'm pretty or gorgeous but I wanna be called hot. Most guys say I'm cute because I'm pretty small for my age. I'm 5'2 and way about 96 lbs. I just wanna know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• "Cute", "Hot", "Sexy", "Attractive", "Beautiful", these are all just words which ultimately means that the guy who is telling you this finds you asthetically pleasing to the eye. Cute is NOT a bad word, if a guy finds you cute, that does mean he finds you (A) attractive and (B) non-threatening on a social level. It is always nice to be though of as hot and sexy - but really they are just two sides of the same coin worded in different ways. If a guy thinks you are cute, he almost certainly would like to go out with you, it is probably not a good idea to get hung up on which word he uses to express that interest, but to concentrate more on whether he is the right kinda guy for you, not just in appearence (which in any case is not what holds a relationship together anyway), but his interests and what you both have in common to have a happy relationship (if that is what you are looking for).

What Guys Said 3

• Cute is definitely a good thing when it comes to guys saying this about a girl. It means she finds her attractive and would like to go out with you.

• I could see why being so small people would call you cute a lot.

• If you get called hot or sexy you're seen more as a potential hook up, a one-night stand, you're less likely to have much respect. Cute and pretty are often more geared towards dating the person.

What Girls Said 2

• I think cute is usually more to do with personality. Atleast with me it is. I hate being called cute-i think it's patronizing so yeh I agree with you-i'd prefer to be called hot. Maybe it is to do with your height? I suppose it depends how they say it.

• I don't think being called cute is ever a bad thing.