Coloring our hair. Do you care, guys?

Do guys care if a girl colors her hair? Is it a huge turn off or do you just prefer for the girl to have a natural look, or is it a "whatever looks best"?

Most Helpful Guy

• generally desireable, altho I prefer natural (or semi natural) shades like blueblack, auburn, or blond. bright neon red / purple works esp. if you have a great face & take the time to style your hair in a way that accentuates your face/look. your figure probably plays into your hairstyle, I'm not sure - more of girl knowledge, probably.

blonde is my least favorite & deep blueblack is my favorite.

i can imagine someone doing a brite blue well, like a anime-ish hair style, thin/petite. you could even do scene makeup with it & I'd like it.

oh yeah, & that new Blondie style where you do white/black underneath each other is cool too. favorites are blueblack, white with black, & then bright red or purple & then I can see blue being OK, in a high-maintenance/care way.

What Guys Said 6

• I like highlights if they're carefully coordinated with the natural color, but obviously dyed hair is rarely attractive to me. Unless it is MEANT to be seen as artificial, such as ash blond hair on Asian women.

Then it's a fashion statement, not something that is an attempt to fool people. I guess the aspect of trying to deceive people is what puts me off most dye jobs.

• Whatever looks best as long as it looks natural e.g don't go purple

• I like when girls don't dye their hair even when they get old and grey. I prefer dark brown or black, followed by light brown, then blond, then red heads. I'd date a girl with any color of hair, but I strongly prefer darker shades. It's just my preference, and I tend to find girls with dark hair shades more attractive.

• I like it when you kill your hair with chemicals,and it turns grey by the time you're 40.Go for it.

Just joking;natural is fine.

• I like it when girls color their hair pink or blue.

• Colors that match are great don't do pink and yellow or stuff like that stuff that looks normal

What Girls Said 5

• When guys hear hair color they think purple, blue, pink etc. But lots of them don't realize that a lot of girls actually color their hair, just natural colors. Like so many of my brunette friends color their hair brown despite having brown hair naturally. It just leaves the color more vibrant and sometimes even glossy. So honestly, I don't think they care.

• As far as it's not bright colors or like Katy Perry's pink hair or Rihannas orange that's just too extreme and weird

• I think that it depends on the guy, my husband love it

• I don't think they care as long as the girl is attractive.

• I Thibk it's like makeup. They say they don't like it but it looks better when done right and they will probably be more attracted to a girl who has it.

I have light brown dirty blond hair because I was blond as a kid. I dye my hair blond and men definitely notice me more this way. It is highlights so it looks more natural than a full dye job. I have pale skin and eyes so it complements me.