Do you believe/think God created ugly people so good looking ones can feel better about themselves?

Like the title says do you believe/think God decided to make ugly people so good looking people would feel better about themselves? I do because with out ugly people like (me) the world would be boring and everyone would be stuck up and snobbish. Ugly people are the reasons why gyms and fashion magazines etc were created. Also its harder to get a date or have someone noticed you if your ugly but easier if your good looking. Agree or disagree?

• Yes I do believe god made ugly people so good looking ones can feel better about themselves
  • No I don't believe god made ugly people so good looking ones can feel better about themselves

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think "God" created anyone. I think genetic makeup play a part in a person's general aesthetics and some just happen to turn out better than others. That's life.

What Girls Said 8

• if God existed I don't think he would be that shallow

ugly is based on evolution and natural selection, beautiful is a symmetric face and desirable features so that potential mates differentiate the healthiest from the deformed or the weakest to produce the strongest, healthiest offspring.

the media is jut a parasite that plays on this natural occurance so that they can make money off beauty products & make up bought by people who want to make themselves appear to be the healthiest, strongest potential mate to others

• God didn't create ugly...the parents did.

In the eyes of God there is no "ugly" it is society that makes those judgments and

standards that one must live up to.

If we stop being so harsh on each other and stop giving unreal expectations of beauty

(many of the people shown in magazines have cosmetic work, lbs of make up to transform themselves, photoshop etc.), then we will be okay with ourselves.

• Ugly isn't existent. It is an opinion and a standard one sets for others.

• @kelly34 was that comment towards me or stacyzee?

• What is truth ? What is belief ? I hold none higher than the other.

Of course we are not speaking about someone who is facially deformed.

I have a hard time noticing a face that is asymmetrical anyway (it's a rarity that it is). It is a fact that society sets standards of beauty. Just look around and you will see it. People are mistreated when they don't fit according to what people deem as attractive.

• I don't think God created ugly people at all. No one is ugly. It is just society that has created the "good looking" people. Everyone is attracted or handsome and beautiful in some way. It does not mean just out side but inside, personality, morals etc... So no I don't think anyone is ugly no matter what. Everyone has their own beauty. And you never know. you might think you are ugly but someone, somewhere, at sometime thinks you are absolutely amazing. Especially God because he made you.

• LOL you haven't seen my ugly face yet and trust me I'm not getting a Girlfriend anytime soon, So I doubt, there's someone out there who would find me amazing unless you mean amazingly ugly? Than I agree.

• try me send me a pic. I will prove you wrong.

• Ok if you say so.

• What? Are you feeling hard done by or something? If everyone was beautiful then nobody would be. As long as you're not hideous looks mean very little. There are very few people who will marry someone because they think they're hot. It's just a bonus.

• looks mean very little really? No looks mean a lot. If looks meant very little I wouldn't be single my whole life while the good looking guys got the girls. I'm not good looking hence why I'm single and I could have all the confidence in the world and it wouldn't change the fact I'm ugly.

• Well I'm fairly easy on the eyes and I've spent the majority of my adult life single. I've also never dated anyone who was anything above average looking. Some have been undeniably ugly but I'm more interested in the person as a whole. You may be ugly and you may be single. It doesn't mean you're single because you are ugly.

• No I am single because I am ugly not to mention out of work, can't drive etc.

• No he created everyone equal and gave them something that is unique to them talent, quality, etc

• I think you are trying to make yourself feel better. That's not a good way to do it. Its like seening yourself as a stepping stone for the greater good. It still leaves you feeling like sh*t...

• Trying? LOL nope I really am ugly trust me I don't have to try to be ugly I already am.

• OK I read it again? What's your point? @ghiwa LOL why should I believe that? I doubt you'd date someone like Bill Gates over Channing Tatum? Oh wait you probably will after all Bill Gates is the richest person on earth. I doubt Bill Gates would be married if he was poor even if he had confidence.

• My point is God didn't create you to make better looking people feel better about themselves. You're self-importance is irrelevant when every single person is insignificant. If you want to place importance on someone you find moderately attractive than that's on you, but you won't get far like that.

• Yep. God is such a prick

• I think God created ugly people and put them into America.

What Guys Said 5

• I think the real question is "did you create this post to deliberately troll?"

• Well considering that I'm an agnostic and not sure if god exists or not, I will say no to that. I think it's a matter of genetics and many other factors.

Also that saying beauty is in the eye of the beholder is very true. I've had women tell me I'm cute and I've also had women say I'm ugly as well. Vice versa applies with me as well.

• What makes you think your opinion of what's ugly to you is ugly to God?

• I don't but I can't Imagine God finding Channing Tatum ugly over someone like Bill Gates? That's probably why he made him super rich lol.

• God didn't make Bill Gates rich. Bill Gates made himself rich because he started his company from scratch and happened to be very successful. It wasn't like he was born into wealth.

• Doesn't matter how he got rich he's still rich lol.

• No. Humans created standards of beauty not God.

• But with out God humans wouldn't exists. The way I look at it is If God wanted everyone to be perfect with perfect faces and bodies there wouldn't be so many ugly overweight people. But that's just my opinion.

• No such thing, lol.