How important are clean shoes to you? Would it make a difference if the guy is a skater?

Shoes are important for girls/ women. I assume they want the guy of interest to have clean shoes, since it would show he takes good care of himself and things he "owns", i.e. his shoes, his life, ... YOU!. But what if the guy is a skateboarder? Because they skate their shoes become worn out very quickly. As you can imagine not every guy can afford it to buy a new pair of shoes each month.

So, would it be a deal braker to you if the skateboarder guy would have dirty, worn out (sakter) shoes?

• Yes. Even if he's a skateboarder, his (skater) shoes have to be neat and clean.
  • In general, shoes have to be neat and clean. But skateboarders make an exception
  • No. I don't care about the guy's shoes at all.
  • If he is a skateboarders, his shoes HAVE TO BE dirty, OTHERWISE it's a deal braker
  • I dunno/ I just wann c the results

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay so I don't give a damn about shoes in general so I could care less about what he has on his feet and whether or not they're clean.

If they don't affect how you're walking I fail to see why cleanliness has anything to do with it. The only rule in our house is if you got horse/dog crap on them they stay outside. Anything else is allowed.

The "skater" lifestyle doesn't appeal to me but if I met a guy and liked him and he was a skater his shoes would be the LAST thing I'd be looking at when deciding if he was boyfriend material.

Any girl who thinks a guy's shoes are a deal breaker is a little off in the head.

• "I don't give a damn about shoes in general so I could care less about what he has on his feet" So it wouldn't bother you if he was wearing pair high heals haha.

• If that's what he wants to do he may. I don't wear them so he'd be alone in his heeliness lol

What Girls Said 6

• i don't care as long as the bottoms aren't all caked in mud, I used to immediately scuff up and dirty any converse I bought when I went through the metalhead stage.

i think its weird to have immaculately white trainers (sneakers) though haha

• Hahaha What?

Funny...
    Everyone's shoes - especially sneakers- tend to get dirty. It's okay. I like a grungy look.

• It's okay, it wouldn't bother me at all :)

• shoes are shoes, who cares if theyre dirty or clean!! unless the are dress shoes, it doesn't matter...

• I don't care...

as long as it isn't filled with holes.

• lol... typical skateboard shoes (given he practices skateboarding actively) are filled with holes. XD

• I never understood this. It seems to be only the white and mixed skateboarder boys that tend to be so dirty no offense. My boyfriend is a skater (well longboarder.. I believe that may count for some of the difference) and he manages to keep his shoes clean. Then again I think it kinda goes back to the whole black guys and their shoes thing while white guys tend to care much less.

Anyway, I don't care if your shoes are a little scruffed and dirty but don't be a dirty skater boy (greasy hair, grass stains on jeans even when you aren't skating, mud all over shoes ick!) try to at least look a little presentable.

What Guys Said 0