Do girls hold an Asian "look" as an ideal?

Often in the media, white and even black women tend toward petite, small breasted, long haired and (particularly eyes) made up to accentuate high cheekbones and eyes tilted upward. Check out the graphic model on the GAG start page ("in the spotlight") and Zoe Saldana, the current Uhura in "Star Trek". Is there a clandestine "Asian look" ideal?

I put this in "sexuality" because it is has the highest traffic.

Thanks for your responses. I also think the reality of styles is coincidental. Many ethnicities exhibit these traits (and we think think they are all beautiful). But this was better than asking yet another size question. Two of the most gorgeous women in history are Naomi Campbell and Cher (Sarkisian) Bono. They have the "look".

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 6

• No. Society's "ideal" is Caucasian for both men and women. That partially explains the popularity of skin bleaching products, particularly in Asia. Long hair is also not an "asian" feature. Women in most races tend toward long hair. As far as I know, big breasts are still more "desirable" than small, if you look at the rate of breast implants as opposed to breast reduction procedures. The current ideal, at least in North America seems to be slim but curvy, and that's definitely not an Asian look. Bigger breasts (although not overly large), a small, petite waist, well shaped bum that is usually medium or sometimes larger for the frame(definitely not an east Asian feature!) and long, slender legs (long legs are also not an Asian feature).

I've never conciously wanted to look or appear more Asian myself and I don't think there is any sort of media ideal to look that way either. If anything, there is a lot of pressure on Asian women to look as "white" as possible, skin bleaching, eyelid fold surgery, nose jobs etc. to look whiter are all very popular in east asia. I think this is true for every non white race because Caucasians are held up as the ideal beauty in just about every society whether they are the majority or not. I also think society's "perfect girl" encompasses the best features of every race, and that's hard to live up to. link this is a great quote by Tina Fey talking about that.

• No.

• No. I'm small because of my genes, not because of an ideal. It's all about personal preference.

• Nope.

• Not all but there are some who drew their eyes to achieve the look

• No

What Guys Said 5

• In addition to what iPood said, most beauty standards in modern times originate in the high fashion industry, which has heavily influenced popular culture around the world. That's ironic, given that these women are FAR outside the norm, and their size and shape is chosen more for their abilities as a high-end, mobile mannequin than for their own inherent beauty or attractiveness. In other words, they are chosen because designers think they make the CLOTHES look good.

But you'll notice that in the real world, men's tastes in women run quite differently from that portrayed in the media. I guess that shouldn't be too much of a surprise, though, considering that it's WOMEN and GAY MEN who run the fashion industry, so it is NOT heterosexual men making the decisions there.

• Exactly! If you want to sell a dress you use a tiny feminine girl. Want to sell a car? Kate Upton's your woman. I think most men like curves more than you think they do, QA

• Well this is news because usually a lot of non white women break their necks to mimic white women features because of the worlds very effective historical brainwashing that white features are the most desirable and anything that's non white is just unattractive and unacceptable.

• True, I want that chick I see everyday staring back at me when I look at myself in the mirror.

• they as a white guy with slight Asian feature is hot so look hollywood

why those your profile look like me?

• Honestly I think the "ideal" girl has aspects from all the different racial groups