What is the distinctive fashion style of your state?

I am not American but the differences in food, culture, fashion etc that seems to differ from state to state seriously fascinates me.

I have been to a few states and what I noticed is that many people have a similar fashion style that stays fashionable within the state...does that make sense? For example...in New York I have seen a lot of ladies dressing pretty much like sophisticated Milano and Barcelona girls. Then again, in Los Angeles, I have seen the same kind of style with a touch of...'Cali style'...does that make sense? And in Miami, thought I am in Brazil or Colombia, most ladies dressed pretty skimpy but still somewhat fashionable...maybe more body-hugging than the fashion in New York.

So, what is the distinctive fashion style of your state? What is currently in?

Most Helpful Guy

• Style and fashion doesn't really go by state, it goes by culture. If you live in a city, you're gonna have more preppy, Aeropostale, Hollister, and AE clothes with nikes/reeboks/Adidas shoes (shoes for guys anyway).

If you go to the country areas around Appalachia or the Midwest, you're looking at more of a camo,flannel, and boot style.

Cities vary, mostly because of weather I think. Cities such as Miami and LA are much warmer, and you'll see more skin. New York and Boston tend to be a different story.

There's also the inner cities, which I'm wary of dressing fancy in. Baltimore for instance is full of criminals and all around filth, so the style is average when walking around the city. Same with Detroit.

What Guys Said 2

• Pittsburgh, PA and the general area surrounding it for about 75 miles in each direction is VERY big on local professional sports teams. It is common for people, male and female alike, to throw "fashionable" out the window to support the local teams with Pirates baseball, Steelers football, and Penguins hockey paraphernalia such as Jerseys and hats.

• I don't see too much of a difference except from city to city. Places like LA some people dress over the top and places like NYC people dress high dollar but with less flair. Some people in my state dress like rednecks and some dress moderately casual while others dress in suits or business skirts and blouses.

What Girls Said 2

• Well I'm in Australia, but typically (in Summer):

Guy: link

-fitted above-the-knee shorts or cropped/cuffed pants, tight Ts, loose tanks and buttoned fitted shirts

Girl: link link

-lots of short shorts, crop tops, kinda boho styles, etc

• comfy and casual