What can cause hair to become abnormally oily?

Recently, my hair has become really oily for no reason. Even after I shampoo and blow dry it, it's still oily and gross. At first I thought maybe I bought the wrong kind of shampoo, but I switched to another one and it's still oily as hell. Helppppppp! What is happening to my hair?

Most Helpful Girl

• how many times a week do you wash your hair? overwashing can cause your scalp to produce more oil which becomes a huge vicious cycle as you start washing even more to get rid of it.

hair should only be washed twice a week minimum, washing it too often dries out the ends and causes your scalp to over compensate

• I wash my hair every day, but that has never been a problem before

• try washing less often anyway and see if it helps

What Guys Said 2

• I know this sounds strange but I have heard it before. You can use a clarifying shampoo and Listerine. Yes I said Listerine.

link

Over time, your body will change and things like oily hair will suddenly happen. Read the link above and you will find a couple of other solutions.

• Diet and environment are two factors that may be the reason for your oily hair.

What Girls Said 4

• Sounds to me like a product build up,

When that happens to be I usually put some drops of tea tree oil in a clarifying shampoo (I use organic) and lighten up on the conditioner

• I also thought of product buildup. Except I'd recommend putting about a teaspoon of baking soda in with your shampoo for your next wash.

• Do you have oily and sensitive scalp?

1. Stress

2. Diet

3. Hot water is used when you shampoo

4. Wrong hair products

5. Weather

• i think its genetics hoenstly

• Your diet