Girls, what do you have to do to make your hair wavy?

So I would say that 90 percent of girls keep their hair up but every once and a while I'll see one with it down and it will be all wavy and everything. It looks absolutely gorgeous. Do you do that with an iron or is that how it looks cause you had it all folded up the entire day? If that's not the case does it take a lot of time and effort to make it look like this?

The link didn't work. I don't know why it's showing a bunch of guys on there.

Most Helpful Girl

• If my hair looks like this: link then I just haven't brushed it :P But if they're more controlled curls like the one in your link, I've probably used a curling wand or hot curlers. I have hair like in my link (but dark) - thick and long - so it takes me ages. I'm generally too lazy to bother lol.

What Girls Said 12

• A few girls do have pretty waves and curls naturally (God, don't I wish I did!) but curls like what you posted are definitely done with an iron. Depends on how long your hair is, and if it's lasts more than a day once you do it, but for me it takes about 15 - 20 minutes.

• I'm lucky. My hair is naturally wavy like that. :) If I want to enhance the curls, all I have to do is leave it in a braid for a while.

• I am a natural curly, so sometimes my hair can be on the wild side like shakira especially when I have it mid-length. when its long it weights my curls down, which is better. Currently, when I shower my hair goes a bit bigger than usual, so I always shower at night because I like my hair the next day. Its is pretty curly wavy and its luscious. On days that I feel it frizzing up I put it in a braid and then let it loose after. BA BOOM pretty hair

• People tell me that I have "mermaid hair" and I hate it. It's just naturally like that, courtesy of my father and his wonky hair. I don't brush it. I put curl cream in it and let it air dry, et voila! Le pouff!

Most compliments I get are from women. Glad to hear there are some guys out there who still appreciate curly hair!

• My hair just kind of falls that way. What's really weird is that it looks best when I go to bed when it's still wet.

I don't use any hot tools on my hair anymore, and since I quit about 6 months ago, the waves look softer and smoother.

• Some girls are blessed with natural hair like that, but there are other ways to obtain that kind of hair. Yes, you can use a hair tool or you can use heat-less methods to do so and some hair product. :P And the amount of time it takes usually depends on the girl, the method and her hair type.

• For my hair 20 minutes for a girl with wavy or curly hair less.

• Could you link a picture? Big loose waves or perfect mermaid Hollywood waves? Or messy beach waves?

• more like the perfect mermaid waves. How long does it take to do something like what's pictured on my link? The second one that is.

• I either plat my hair while using some kind of moisturizer or I do bantu knots the night before. I unravel my hair in morning. I do it when my hair is straightened or it'll look like a big curly afro.

• Get a perm with orange rods.

• My hair is naturally wavy

• I sleep in braids and I wake up with perfectly wavy hair. But I already have pretty wavy hair to begin with

What Guys Said 0