Why are girls shallow for wanting a good looking guy?

I've seen comments before about this constantly. "Girls only want good looking guys." How is it wrong for a girl to want a good look guy when guys only tend to hit on good looking girls to begin with?

Most Helpful Girl

• Many guys think they have self entitlement because of how society emphasize women based on their look.Plus,guys are very visual.I know many guys who complain and complain about their single life and no girls wanting them without 'noticing' how unrealistic their expectations are.They will tell you ' I approach average girls too it just I've got no luck' Its bullshit.Sometimes I ask them how average is the girl.I have one dude who said to me 'she isn't that cute it just she looks a little bit like Jessica Alba'

Okay fine.

What Girls Said 18

• I think it bothers insecure guys because they get stuck on the fact that they think they're ugly. Another thing that looks very good on a guy is confidence!

• I think most people have an issue with girls wanting a 'good looking guy' and give them shit for it because of the double standard. Girls walk around complaining that guys only want a bombshell with big breasts and a beautiful face, yet act exactly the same in initially only giving good looking guys a change.

So essentially it's because girls don't practice what they preach.

• You understand! 1000 points to theguyoverthere! It goes both ways, like you say. If you want a good looker, get in the gym and make yourself look appealing too. If the world all had a workout party, wouldn't life be perfect for us all? :)

And ditto Harveykinkie

• That's what I pretty much do. I workout 5-6 days a week so I can see how much work gets put into looking good. It's no easy task!

• I wish I could give you ten thousand likes but I cant. Your question though is really really good looking to my eyes.

• Hooray! A guy who gets this!

If we're being approached based on ours it's only fair we can decline based upon theirs!

Also, the guys complaining would probably think a sexless relationship due to lack of attraction is worse than being declined off the bat.

• Amen! It's called being a hypocrite and not dealing with reality. Some very unattractive men sit around and expect to get a supermodel, not gonna happen. I mean, it happens sometimes but still, it's not very likely.

But this is just maybe some brainwashing nonsense that women are subject to non-stop. We shouldn't want men who are good-looking, yet we have to look good to get their attention. Women's looks are first AT ALL TIMES to the point of young girls feeling very insecure and inadequate, but men? Nope.

I say it's time for girls to only go after men who are perfectly gorgeous and then men will also have to deal with that same pressure that we do!

• Thank you for being able to see it from both perspectives. It seems like it's more OK for men to hit on pretty/hot/beautiful women because it's "expected" of them, because they are "more visual" and because "a hot woman = awesome genes, it's all about survival of the fittest blah blah".

It is shallow of BOTH men and women to choose a partner solely because of their appearance. But hey, it's their choice. You know, whatever really.

• Girls aren't shallow for wanting a good looking guy--ALL people, whether male or female, are shallow for wanting a good-looking guy and looking for ONLY that feature and nothing else like personality, interests, etc.

Yes sure you can tell me attractiveness is a big factor because appearance is what attracts people first, but I won't really buy into that philosophy. The only guys I've ever fallen for are the ones who were my friends first. Getting to know them is what made me like them.

• Well, because your suppose to like people for they're personality. I mean of course boys and girls can like each other physically! But, in the end your gonna have to like the person's personality or know the person! Cause You have talk,love,go through trials,challenges,and tribulations! But, you like the person for their mind,soul,and then body!

• We All like eye candies even for those who rant about it . Just that beauty is subjective . It isn't wrong but to others it may sound shallow as if girls only focus on looks . Looks can only bring one so far ultimately personality sustain the relationship. Physical attraction is only 1st step. .

• Ot might just be that girls have a different definition of good looking than you have of yourself. Who knows.

• It's insecure guys bitching about it. They think they should have access to attractive girls even if they look like Quasimodo. Girls are supposed to be hot but they can look like somebody ass and a girl is supposed to ignore that and have sex with him anyway

• ~.:.*It's not shallow unless good looks is the only thing they care about.*.:.~

Seriously, I don't understand why girls get so much hate for this. The hate probably all comes from guys who probably get rejected a lot, though.

• Only ugly guys comlain about that. You RARELY here good looking guys/guys who are successful with women complaining about women.

• It's not wrong. I've seen a lot of that too, and I've never understood the hate. Particularly because it's a well known stereotype that men care about looks quite a bit themselves. Maybe they expect women to be less shallow?

• It's not wrong. It's only ugly guys that say its wrong.

• Exactly men are so contradicting

• Man's logic. It does not make sense.:)

What Guys Said 9

• Men are whiny and dumb. Don't try to logic them!

• I'm with you QA. I understand if women want a good-looking guy.

I think the issue is that our culture kind of raises boys to believe looks don't matter for them, just personality or status. I THINK, not sure, I'm kind of out of touch on how Gen Y is raised really, besides them being told they deserve everything...

Anyway, so when these boys get rejected because of their looks, they feel betrayed by both society and girls as they didn't get what they felt they were entitled to. But of course they can't blame society or don't have the mental wherewithal to. So they instead blame girls and lash out on them

• I'm assuming it's because it takes those guys out of the fold... at least in their opinion.

• The same thing could also be said about women calling guys shallow for wanting a good looking girl . If guys aren't entitled to having a good looking girl, and sex then why should women be entitled to having a good looking financially stable guy?

• The only irritating thing about girls who want a good looking guy is--how many girls bitch about how guys are so shallow and only ask out hot girls, lmao. Otherwise, there'd be nothing to complain about.

• I think the problem lies in the fact that we've been told guys chase one thing: good liking girls to bang. While on the other hand, we've been told girls might like a good-looking guy, but you need other things, untimately. After a while, we come to realize that both quality guys and girls like good looks, but want someone who has depth.

• I'm an above-average looking guy, but I've realized that most good looking people (both men and women) are quite snobbish and have serious attitude problems. They feel entitled to the best of everything in the world just because of their looks. And when it comes to romantic relationships, the more attractive person among the two is very likely to cheat on the other. That's the reason I specifically go for average looking women in spite of me being above-average. I know I would never cheat (because I'm a highly ethical person), so I always prefer average-looking women so that they are not as likely to cheat on me as hot women.

• They aren't.

A helpful hint: because somebody says something, it doesn't automatically become true. This is doubly true for the internet ;)

• I've never once heard that.