Is visible makeup on a girl a turn off for guys?

And by "visible makeup" I don't mean an orange face with three layers of false eyelashes, more like white-and-blue eye makeup with the rest of the face barely subtly retouched, like the stuff you see in some ads.

I'm a bit artsy by nature and love to experiment with the canvas that I find my face to be, but I've heard people (well, girls mostly, to be honest) saying that going beyond the nude colors on daily basis is a turn off for the opposite sex. Care to verify the statement, gents?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nude colour for me. I mean if there's some occasion you're going to, then fill your boots. On a day to day basis, no thanks. I love being able to look at a girl's face, and think yep that's her, natural beauty and all. As appose to thinking, hey that chick's pretty hot, though for all I know could be a man once she strips off her facial layers.

What Guys Said 6

• Unless its for a performance or photot shoot, that's too much visible makeup. In day to day life, guys will find that exaggerated and they'll classify you as a fake, I'm afraid.

• Not at all!

I will admit I have a fetish for girls who wear noticeable colors on their lip and eyes. ;-)

With most guys, as long as the makeup is done artistically and isn't wearing too much foundation / powder, most guys will be neutral or turned on to your makeup. :)

• Depends if it's done well.

• Visible make up isn't a turn off. But excess make up is. All in moderation.

• As long as you're careful enough to not appear as a clown, it should be approvable.

• If it is well-done then no,What could be a turnoff is what she looks like without makeup

What Girls Said 6

• as long as its not over the top I reckon they would b fine with it. I mean, of course it comes down to personal preference.

some may like the natural look and some may love some colour, but all I'm certain of is that no guy likes to see a girl with an orange face and 3 layers of eyelashes as you mentioned.

experiment all you want=] as long as you feel good and confident I'm sure guys will appreciate that and will notice that you aren't afraid to cover your features with tons of makeup:)

• Not true. If you're not wearing clown makeup it's not a turn off to guys. I wear colorful eyes but keep a nude lip and guys don't shun me lol

• I think as long as it's not over the top.

• some guys might be attracted in spite of it but it is not as attractive or flattering as neutral makeup.

• AS long as it's light

• If its too much, turn off