Do you have a fatty area at the corners of your mouth or am I a freak?

So when my face is relaxes, I have these fatty areas at the corners of my mouth. In pictures, it makes me look kinda like I'm doing a duck face. I also think that the shadow from them in some light might be what frequently makes people think I'm angry when my face is relaxed -- maybe the shadow makes me look more like I'm frowning?

I don't notice them on many other people. Do you have them?

What about those of you who also suffer from "chronic bitch face" ( link Do you have them? Have we unlocked the underlying cause?! (No? Damn.)

Google tells me these are called "perioral mounds" but that means nothing to me.

Pic with the mounds pointed out contrasted to one where they have been (poorly) photoshopped off -> link

Scratch the "am I a freak" part -- bad wording seems to be giving off the impression I'm actually concerned about this. I was more trying to ask if it's uncommon and that's my humor style but it obviously doesn't read that way.

Actual questions:

Is it common? And, do you think this could be the trait behind some people's "bitch face"?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your lips are just big. Your eyes make you look like you're sad tho. Or that something is bothering you. Wouldn't say you look like a bitch. A lot of people think I'm mean from the way my eyes are. A bitchy face doesn't mean having those bumps. It's more in the eyes and nose that show bitchyness.

You should stop playing with photoshop because it's just going to make you want to be like nasty kardashian and get tons of plastic surgery. You're pretty and if we were all the same what would set us apart from each other? Stop tripping over your features and be happy you're beautiful and not ugly.

What Guys Said 5

• Lol... I don't think you have a "bitch face" you just have full lips. You look Italian and its common with certain cultures to have fuller lips and certain features may look more exaggerated. Its hereditary. Your a good looking girl.

• Ahh trust me, I have bitch face. I've had too many experiences to deny it. Haha. I was hoping to be able to pin it on some physical trait that causes the perception, but the truth may be that it's just my underlying personality that makes me face look bitchy to people. But thank you for your compliment :)

• No problem. I like your bitch face (:

• it probably has to do with your ancestry. But that's a small "flaw" to fret over.

• If it is not where your face is partially sunken or elevated Then it makes you look hot in a Nasty kind of way

• Sexy insecure girls like you ought to know that your loved

• wow... girls really freak out over shit like this?

• Okay maybe I gave off the wrong impression when I said "am I a freak?" I wasn't saying I seriously think I'm a freak or that it even bothers me. Maybe I should reword that

• in that pic, no, it could be in other girls though...

• I think it's probably pretty hard to find a picture that really captures it, even though most people are familiar with what we're talking about. If you can find a picture of a neutral face that for some reason looks bitchy, I'd love to look at it

What Girls Said 4

• I'm Italian and Hungarian, and I have mega bitch face. I don't have those "mounds" though. I have to remember to ALWAYS smile or people think I'm giving them dirty looks. A lot of people dislike me before getting to know me because they think I'm snobby or conceited because of my natural face and way I do my eyeliner. And when I'm not wearing makeup, everyone swarms me asking why I'm so upset or if I'm tired and what's wrong with me. I just always look angry or sad/tired. So I must always smile. :p

• Oh OK, no I don't have them. But it's really the way your skin is fatty and pulled there because your lower lip is fuller. You should like them, a lot of models have them and you see no one really notices. Umm fix them with plastic surgery but that isn't the best idea.

• I know exactly what you're talking about and have been trying to understand what the hell it is for years. I have this extra fat around my mouth, especially the bottom, that I call a 'muzzle', because it looks like my mouth is extended forward a bit (wish I could include a photo) It looks like I'm pursing my lips or doing a duckface when relaxed, and people think I look angry or serious. I do NOT have big lips so it has nothing to do with that, and I've noticed that close to no one else has the same problem. But my mouth looks exactly like yours! (not the same lips, but the area around them)

I've considered surgery in the future (when I have extra money) but there's not much on the internet about it besides them being called perioral mounds. They say you can get microliposuction on it.

• ehhh sometimes I notice weird stuff like that and think "I'm so old!" forehead wrinkles, saggy face, etc and I'm only 21... all I need to do is get outside and go for a run or dance in my room and the blood rushes to my head I get a shimmer of sweat and oil on my face and I don't look old any more, plus my attitude changes if you mope around making sad faces and sitting hunched over you will look old, be confident, laugh more, dance more and you will look younger... I should be a doctor goddamit!;D