I think I have potential, but.

I just don't think I have a good sense of style.

I never put a lot into the way I look/dress because my parents were always telling me to put my money towards other things and focus on other things... so I did, and completely ignored my appearance. Now that I'm older I feel like it's about that time I started presenting myself better. On the rare occasion I do dress up, I feel really good and confident, but that's rare. I want to feel that way about myself all the time, but I don't know where to start.

I'm a bit of a bum right now. I don't do much with my hair. I wear a lot of baggier things, but I do find tighter fitting clothing to be more appealing on me. I don't really know what's in style or anything I kind of make stuff up, sometimes it works, other times it doesn't lol. I just want to do something new! I want to feel confident and beautiful. How can I get more up to date with fashion trends and stuff like that?

Most Helpful Guy

• As you get a little older, the way you dress does become more important especially if you move into the workplace. Both on the casual side and the dressier side you should start with just a few things. Nice jeans and maybe a couple of blouses and appropriate shoes for casual times. Perhaps the same with one or 2 skirts and blouses and shoes for purposes of being a little dressier. I also suggest you use light/natural makeup if you do not already.

What I am suggesting is to go slow at first and just get a few things. Do not go crazy. That way you will see what you like. Sometimes dressing up makes people feel self confident and in turn, that self confidence makes you look better.

Many people here will tell you not to worry about what you wear. But if you are interested in a career, not just a job, you will discover the way you dress will have an effect on co-workers and bosses.

What Guys Said 2

• You can't learn this only from reading.l Youneed to find a mentor,someone with a developed fashion sense, and who is willing to teach you.

NOT someone who is devoting lall their spare time to fashion, though, because they will expect you to do the same, spend all your spare cash on clothes, and so forth.

Just someone who always looks OK, maybe not in the latest latest style, but always looks coordinated and attractive.

• I agree with the anon. girl, it's not what you wear, but how you feel going into what you wear...

What Girls Said 2

• Watch a lot of tv! look on Facebook Instagram or twitter. Getting more up to date with style is never hard things come and go in and out of style all the time. Find the colors that fit you the best. Just remember just because it looks good on someone else doesn't mean it will look good on you. You said you like tight fitting things. Get high waist skinny jeans a bodysuit shirt. Always have confidence in what you look like and keep your head up and smile because everything looks 100000000000000000x better when you do that

• F that.. you can wear a potato sack and be hot if you want.. it's all in your head. WORK WITH WHAT YOU'VE GOT.. You do not have to fall in line and follow blindly the lasted trends! ew barf wow.. If you feel hot than you are, F WHAT YOU HEARD ABOUT STYLE .. DO YOUR OWN THING!