Do you find ordinary people to be better looking than models?

I find ordinary people that I consider hot all the time but I can never find a movie star, actress or model that I consider to be "hot." Somebody told me they avoid picking extremely good looking people in the media industry because it causes people to be jealous of them rather than happy to see their faces.

Most Helpful Girl

• Perhaps because you can differentiate between something that is real, and something that isn't.

A lot of models don't look the way they do in real life.

Ex.

link

And another

link

A lot of models are photoshopped, hair extensions, made up.

It's very rare that even they look the way they are displayed on magazine covers.

Perhaps you know that these people look "hot" and "fantastic" in their own skin.

And you know that the images displayed aren't real ones.

Which is why you don't consider those people hot.

• I think that's it. I find these models to be unattractive because they don't look natural. I found the original woman in the first link to be better looking than the air brushed photo afterwards.

• Ty for ba.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't think it's easy to compare because of all the transformations that models go through. And I can't even look at pictures of models because the pictures are totally fake. All photo-shopped. Anyway, there are cases when I look at regular girls on the street or wherever and say "I can't believe (name) won the hottest woman in the world award. The girl I'm looking at on the street is so much more beautiful than whoever won that award. But it ends up that way only because people know celebrities, and don't know regular people who can look much better.

• Well there are a lot of models out there who look pretty good. The typical runway model is one thing, but there are many kinds of models and many of them beat the average girl easily. Of coarse, their looks is often all they have going for them, so I tend to prefer normal girls regardless

• I don't like the skinny model look. Its very masculine to me. I like curves.

• Not usually. It can depend on where you're from too. Some everyday people could pass as models, most couldn't.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, I have before. I mean, I do think that many models are beautiful but some of them are not (in my opinion). I have honestly seen women on the street prettier than certain models I've seen.

• Yes,of course.

For example,this chef around age 23-25 who works at a coffee shop near my house is so much better looking than most of the famous actors and models that I have seen! He is too good looking to be a human--so tall,stunning facial features,darn fair and perfect skin,extremely charming smile and electrifying gaze.

• He never uses any make-up and never does anything to his hair and yet looks so darn good in just T-shirts and jeans.This is what I call natural beauty.

• why is there so much focus on appearance? it seems like asking this question makes you a bit jealous of models and feel the need to put them down. if you're so against appearance, why compare?

just live your life and love yourself