What do men think of blondes?

I'm a natural brunette with a very sensual exotic look to me. I'm very adventurous and I get bored with my hair. I'm thinking of dying it blonde just to do something different. I'm old fashioned with dating and not into hookups. Will having blonde hair lessen my chances of finding a good guy? I've read somewhere that men typically don't want to settle down with a blonde, but I really really want to make the change before starting college.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry, why is it that pretty much every blonde I meet is a brunette who died her hair? Why, why can women not just stay brunette?

I've read those studies too, by the way. Social studies have been done, and men overall prefer hooking up with blondes, but will prefer brunettes for serious relationships.

BTW, there's an unintended consequence of bleaching your hair like that.

Blonde hair is more visually attractive--obviously. It grabs attention. But consider this--you won't always have blonde hair, and if I recall, bleaching your hair to make it blonde wears on it, stresses your hair. A blonde and brunette can be both plenty attractive. But a blonde who then goes back to brunette? That's not a great effect. It's a loss of visual attraction, because the guy has gotten use to bright blonde hair.

What Guys Said 8

• The darker a girl's hair, the more I tend to like it; but hair color isn't very important. A girl's personality (her intelligence, manners, sense of humor, our rapport, etc.) is ultimately what attracts or repels me.

• I also agree with the guy above. I can almost always tell when a girl has dyed her hair and sometimes it looks OK, but it never looks better than the girls natural color.

• Try electric red, every one goes blonde, so try red, this will really turn the right sort of heads, and even some of the wrong ones to,x

• I can tell when a girl dyes her hair...stay natural...I love brunettes. You are what you are, don't try to be something you are not.

• ...where the hell did you hear that? Hair doesn't affect if I want a relationship with a certain girl or not...

• All I cam say is all hair types just as long as it suits your skin tone or other hair tone (eyebrows). But all my friends much rather brunettes.

• It's just a hair color.

• where did you read that?

it's all subjective, though personally I think blonde hair looks sickly.

• I love, love, love blonde hair. Blonde hair makes people look twice. But, you need the right skin tone, eye color, and face shape to pull off a dye job. It's a turn off if people know the Blonde Hair is not natural.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm a natural blonde and I've never heard that men don't want to settle down with blondes. I think men all have different tastes.

• What's with all these questions asking if men like blondes, brown eyes, short girls, etc?

No, all good men will hate you if you go blonde. (sarcasm)

Obviously some men will hate it, some will love it, and most won't care.

However, blonde girls do have the stereotype that they are easier to hook up with and less intelligent. This is obviously not true, but if you want more traditional guys then just stay a natural brunette.