How do you determine clothing color you're going to buy?

Let's say you're buying a nice sweater and you only want to spend money to buy one. How do you pick whether you want the blue one, black, brown or whatever color you fancy? Right now I'm looking at buying gloves, but am unsure if I want black or brown >:-{} It's not a big deal and I will just pick one, but what logic does your brain use?

Most Helpful Girl

• I based on my fav color and also some colours look nice on some items

What Girls Said 23

• good question, I don't usually think bout it till I read something like this

so I'm guessing my brain may take this journey…

ok those all look nice

now if I got *colour* how often would you wear it? not often… ditch it, go with the other one

does it suit your skin colour? hells yes anything works;) haha

suits your style huh? simple yet sexy? yep…go get it chica :)

[random note: id go with the black:) ]

• I'm currently looking for a quality wool suit, either navy or black in color for a conservative work environment. What I've been looking for in a desired color for shirts/blouses are complementary shades that will be flattering for my skin tone and the aforementioned suit colors. I then think about which colors would be best for the greatest number of combinations, regarding my wardrobe as a whole.

• If money is an issue then I will pick a subtle/neutral color that will coordinate with many other outfits I already own. If I had to choose between black and brown, I'd choose brown because I have more brown boots than black

• I never wear brown so that's out. My closet consists of neutrals (black, white, grey, khaki, some navy) with brights (red, pink, blue, purple, green) I usually incorporate black into some part of my outfit so I'd go with black. This is all based on my color season (im winter).

• Your color season? Interesting, brown is one of my favorite colors to wear.

• Yeah there's online quizzes it's based on undertones and such.

• I try all and see which suits me the best. I really pressure my brain to remember which colour I already have in my wardrobe eventually I narrow it down to one choice. Usually ask my mums opinion she has awesome taste in clothing.

• If you get the sweater how much will you like it to pick what color you like it in the most. Or try them on and see what color best suits you. Half of women's shopping time depends on this.

• I guess I buy it depending on what I have at home, what its going to go with and which color is more flexible according to my closet. :)

• i go with my instinct. I have a preference for certain colours. when it comes to design I choose what appeals to me and is classical.

• Depends how often you'll wear said item. Black goes with everything, so it would go with other fabric better.

• If it looks good and fits and price

• If I already have something similar in that color I'll go with the other option. Also, what color will go with the most things.

• We'll find the outfits that you would mostly wear the gloves with. What color would suit them? Or if you don't care to be matching go for your favorite color or an out of the box color to spice stuff up!

• I'd choose whichever looked best or which I had more clothes that would match. Also, if I have a sweater or shirt that is a similar color, I'd be more hesitant to buy it just because I have nearly the same thing already

• Depends on my mood. Sometimes I buy neutrals, if it's something I'd wear very often. But if it's something I change everyday like T-shirts then I pick based on my mood at the time. With winter coats I stick with neutral colors.

• I try stuff on and go from there.

• Find colors that you look best in. I prefer black, blues, whites and some yellows and reds.

• Just don't pic a color you hate

• Whatever matches my wardrobe better

• Do a simple search that goes something like this 'what colors look goo with ___ (color) hair and _____(color) eyes?' Then choose your favorite out if the list that comes up ;)

• When it comes down to it I just pick whichever color flatters me more, no method or process. Get the brown.

• I only like neutral colors. I go for the AX or Express look

• I only buy colors that look good

• Well, I personally try to buy a color that I don't have much of. Diversification : )

What Guys Said 6

• What colors do I normally wear? Brown won't go well with pastel shades, but will look good with black, red, yellow..black is good with blue or red or pastel shades. Simple..it's just shopping with people who think about coordination a lot.

• I just buy whatever colours will fit with what I currently have in my closet, and according to what I like. If I really like something I'll buy it and then try and make it work later on

• based on a few things

- price diff

- what I plan to wear it with

- where I will wear it

- picture my self in that attire to see if it looks good

• I base it off of what looks better on me, when I want to wear this particular item, and whether or not I can match it with the clothes I have.

• so you said blue black and brown, i would choose blue one.
    dark blue or weak blue it depends, but i choose the one i like the most.

• I pick the one that matches other things in my wardrobe well.