Do girls have to dumb down to attract a guy?

There's been so many times when I've had a really good conversation with a guy and then seen him flirt with a girl that is honestly really shallow. I'm not judging the girl, most of the time I know the girl. I always think the guy likes me but I'm always wrong and they end up dating or hooking up with girls that can't keep a conversation for sh*t. Is it because the guys I date are only looking for girls to hook up with or is this a constant thing throughout life?

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't have to dumb down so to speak, but when I'm with a girl I'm not looking to talk about world affairs and economics.There's a time and a place but as a general rule I try to keep on the lighter side of life, funny things that happened, sports, anything entertaining.

I tend to talk about more academic subjects with my smarter guy friends, mostly because I don't like debating with women about things, it tends to not be as enjoyable. But maybe that's just me.

So yes being able to hold a conversation is important but I don't find it attractive to get into an academic discussion/political debate.

What Guys Said 3

• Quality men are going to look for a woman who isn't as dumb as a rock. Unfortunately, because sex is treated in such a casual manner these days, guys are encouraged (wrongly) to get as much of it as possible. This means sometimes screening out smarter girls. Don't worry, those guys are worth passing over. As the guys get older, they tend to get a bit more mature.

• Most men, not all, try to find the girl that allows the easiest access to sex. Since your intelligent, obviously they are gonna try someone else that requires less work if they are only looking for a fling.

• Never dumb down, I and many other guys like girls that are smart, and agree with Miss Desirae, about girls that are just a bit less smart than we are. It give us guys an opportunity to show you what we can do, helping you on a computer, fixing stuff for you, kind of like mini dates on getting to know each other better while that's going on and it boosts our ego a bit. The other guys that just try to hook up with girls are the ones you should probably stay away from as a real relationship would be tough with a guy of that type. Just wait and you'll eventually find the right guy for you =). I mean the girl I like right now is 4 years older than I am and is getting a Masters in Civil Engineering, such a turn on knowing she's smart.

What Girls Said 3

• Some guys like that kind of girl. Well, I wouldn't take it too personally. Don't lower your standards, if anything, raise them higher. If you want to meet someone who can have good conversations, respect you for your mind, then you're going to have to trudge through a lot of losers. Trust me. I have seen just about every kind of them.

Don't dumb yourself down, you'll only be hurting yourself. And you're too good for those guys anyways.

• Yeah, I guess it's just gonna take a while to find that guy. A long while.

• Yeah, and when you find him ... then it'll be totally worth it. You just have to figure out what you're looking for first, and going through all those idiots will help you make a laundry list.

• I don't think dumbing yourself down is such a good idea. I think most guys go for the slightly less intelligent girls because it makes them feel smarter. A more intelligent girl probably makes them feel inferior. Just be yourself, and flaunt your intelligence. A true guy will find it attractive, and love you for it. The other guys who don't aren't even worth it.

• hmmn I'm not sure if I fully understand your question, but I think you're asking if girls have to pretend to be dumb to keep the guy...which I agree with, I'm a pretty smart girl and whenever I meet a cute or hot guy and my knowledge, education experience whenever that comes up in a convo, its like they feel less of themselves and end up running off and never call me back. This one guy even told me id never get a boyrfriend because he said I tend to outsmart men and theyd be intimidated. Which is so wrong, I have dumb blonde moments!

A lot of people have told me guys want girls who are stupider then them, so they can feel more powerful manly and dominant in the relationship...so sometimes I tend to 'pretend' to be dumb in order to keep the guy I like =[