Oh crap, I think I burned my shirt. What can I do?

I think I burnt my shirt with an iron. I set it lower than the cotton setting and it has a little iron "shine" to it. It isn't burnt but it just has that shine print. I'm p*ssed. Can I fix this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm guessing that the shirt isn't all cotton and some poly or rayon slightly melted if it's shiny. You can't un-melt it. If it's low enough, tuck it in. I have a shirt I did that to, so I made a few more shiny spots on it just to mess with it. Then my girlfriend got the idea to tie dye it. Now it's one of my favorite shirts because the die doesn't adhere as well in the shiny spots, so it's unique even for a tie dye. Fyi, this was a golf shirt, I've done it to a tee shirt and a dress shirt I was gonna chuck. All three look very cool. My least favorite is the tee shirt. I can't wear the other two very often, because they are so memorable, but it's better than throwing them out and I had a good time with my girlfriend make the two shiny tie dye ones that were done on purpose in the first place.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 2

• Try washing it. It should go away.

• next time you can either iron it inside out or put a towel over the shirt

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah, whenever that happens, just dye it black and it'll be fine. That is, unless it's already black, because then ya gotta throw it away. It got so all my shirts were black, so I just stopped ironin em, and just wear em with the wrinkles on em. At least they got colors.