What made you start using makeup?

Me myself I wear NO Makeup at all, no mascara, foundation, lipstick nothing at all I don't get my eyebrows done at all either. The only time I've had makeup on was for my senior prom in high school. I'm asking this question because I'm curious what made you start using it. And what age. So you can see in my profile picture I have known on at all.

Most Helpful Girl

• Mostly out of curiosity. I remember my friend was into make up at that time and I was about 13, and I remember her lining her eyes. And I was all..."Oooooh what's that?" and she was all, "eyeliner...wanna try some" and I was all, "Sure, I guess. But how do you use it?" lol. And I remember trying the eyeliner and looking in the mirror, and it completely made my brown eyes pop. I honesty fell in love with the way it looked. So throughout middle school, I would put eyeliner on occasionally. Then once I got to high school, I started experiencing with it even more. I started trying mascara and eye shadow and I just loved the way it highlighted my features. So then I started wearing lipstick and lip gloss, and just trying different make up looks like the cat eye. And then once I was a junior in high school, I started getting my eyebrows done. You have no idea how much of a difference it made on my face. It changed my whole face, and I never even realized how nice my eyebrows could look.

However if I'm at home, or going grocery shopping, or just over my friends house, I'm too lazy to put make up on so I just go with a bare face. It's important to appreciate your natural beauty, but it's also fun to know how to make your features pop :) You should definitely look into getting your eyebrows done by the way, you would be surprised at how much of a difference it can make on your face.

What Guys Said 3

• hat off to you! I wish there would be more girls like you, my girl does that from time to time and even when she wears make up it is only eyeliner and some mascara, NOTHING else, bvut honestly, I prefer her all natural.

I will be venturing to say that a lot the people who use it, regardless of them now thinking "it makes me look better", when they first do it it was probably just becuase it was "ment to be that way".

kind of like when the boys start shaving, and in that case, some guys actually go through a horrible facial face phase while growing up, so they kind of need to, but most start because they are told so, but some need it, now unless an acne situation, most girls DO NT go through a phase in which they NEED it (however a lot GROW to need it, either because the make up damaged her looks OR most likely, because they got used to see themselves with make up so not wearing it makes them feel they look "less", or with make up, they set the bar to high for their natural self).

• I don't wear make-up, of course, but the concept has always intrigued me. I look in the newspapers and read the obits to see who has died recently that will be having a "viewing". A viewing is where the family puts the corpse on exhibit so anyone interested can come and have a look at it. I always get there early, and when the coffin is unattended I sneak up and doodle on the dead guys face with magic markers. It's fun to watch the reactions when the family sees what I have done!

• Because it makes me look pretty :D

What Girls Said 14

• I started wearing makeup when I was 15, I think. My mom told me how simply wearing a mascara can open up your eyes and make them appear bigger. So I started wearing mascara when going to parties and church. For school I only wore tinted lip balm.

I started to apply other makeups when I moved out and started living on my own. Being able to shop alone and not having to go to a conservative school, made me experience. Especially with my eyebrows. I have naturally really thin, nonexistent eyebrows, and I hate them. So I started experimenting with eyebrow powder at 18. Then it got fun hehe... I keep my daily makeup natural though..

• Curiosity! I think I was around 11 or 12 when I first tried it "seriously". I thought I looked really odd with mascara on, so I didn't make a habit out of it until I was 13. I'm quite the artsy person, so it kind of felt like drawing on my face. Of course I didn't use more makeup than just a little mascara, rouge and lip gloss.

You look pretty without makeup! :)

• I gained an interest in it before I started wearing it. I still don't wear it much to be honest, because I am lazy and if I can get 10 more minutes in bed that would have been dedicated to make-up, I will take that any day good Sir.

But I'm artistic, and creative, so I like to paint.. on my face. To me it is an artistic medium to conquer, to be able to apply make-up well enough that it's not obvious I'm wearing it, so I have a lot, and what I do have I have spent more money than I should have on, but I don't wear it a whole lot.

• I was 14, going into my freshman year in high school. I had to beg my mom to let me start wearing makeup before high school. At that time, I didn't feel like I could ever be attractive without it.

I still wear makeup now but not all the time. I usually only wear eye makeup and lightly colored chapstick because it helps with tips at work. Sometimes I use foundation if my skin is discolored, but usually I leave my skin bare.

• -Because even with make-up on,my clients still say I look like their teenage sons' girlfriend and tease us.I am petite and have a baby face.

-My clients trust me more and are more willing to pay me more when I wear make-up

.Sigh...Humans are just shallow.I hate make-up although I'm good at applying it.

• i don't wear any makeup on most days but I wear it for pics and photoshoots. I feel pressure to wear makeup and that's how I started too ...

• at 20...only eyeliner and mascara nothing else...i look terrible when I'm tired because of studies so I do it to feel a bit pretty,especially now that I have even more confidence issues cause I've been dumped! I also apply it because it my way of relaxing...a moment of solitude and reflexion between me and the mirror!

• I starting wearing make up at 13 or 14. It made me feel pretty. All the other girls wore it and my boyfriend at the time loved to pick put my flaws making me insecure..

• We can't see you picture lol troll?

Make up at 17. Why? I look more awake.

My eyebrows since I was 14, I like them having shape.

• I've started wearing make up just recently at 17 because my mom noted that I don't look after myself and this is the reason why guys don't notice me. It is troublesome, thus I usually forget to apply make up anyway.

• I started wearing make up 3 years ago becasue I started to look tired due to my work. I don't wear foundation becasue it feels like I have mud on my face but I do wear eye pencil and blush and occasionally mascara.

• aww sweetie you're naturally pretty <3 so you don't need any makeup anyway ;) haha but we use makeup to enhance our features.Not like its necessary but it depends on the person wether she would like to use makeup or not.

• out of boredom

• i started when I was 18, because I had my boyfriend's mom and sister to help me learn and encourage me to wear it. My mom and friends never wear it