Why do guys seem to like girls more for how they look?

Seriously why don't you guys seem to care about personality? And why do you always make the girl be the desperate one. How are we suppose to know what YOUR thinking then?

Most Helpful Guy

• All guys aren't the same. Some even go through phases of really good looking girls but no personality. To decent looking girls but great, fun, bright personalities. It's always good to have a little of both in my opinion. Because what's the point of having a sexy hot girlfriend if all you have in common is looking good? It gets boring after a while because there's nothing to talk about, there's no chemistry. Some guys like to play love games, some don't. It's all part of life.

• that's true, chemistry is important. just a lot of the guys I like seem to only want to date the popular girls. and it ticks me off, because those girls are so shallow and stupid. what's the point of even dating them?

• Yes college and the work environment kinda forces everybody to grow as individuals I guess. Well, at least just a little lol.

• haha good. I don't like dealing with stupid people Xp

What Guys Said 7

• I don't believe this is true.A pretty face or good body will only attract attention enough to be noticed.It doesn't make a woman good enough to keep.

If you want to know what men are thinking,try asking.Men speak with words and the words have meanings (not hidden meanings).We speak mainly with words,instead of mind-reading,hidden meanings or body language.And it's not the "tone" of our voice;it's the words.

• I guess the words part is true, they don't seem to hide what they feel. the problem is that a lot of times they can be really rude about it haha

or a lot of times I feel like they miss the best personalities because theyre focused on getting like the shallow popular girls

• its vise vera. I've met so amny shallow girls. besides girls that try to sue their looks to attracka guy si sjut as shallow as the guy falling for the bait.

• ill admit there are a lot of shallow girls, but guys shouldn't fall for them. girls like that don't deserve a good guy.

• im the only guy I've ever knwon that actually has a ton fo emotions and is able to shut them down. I can be very xcruel when I need to be. I can shut down my emotions at will. but most of the time I jsut try to feel. like I sai dhappiness is the onyl route in lfie. I'm not christian. you can call me wiccan I guess. I worship a god. but I also am deeply in touch with the earth. I don't beleive the earth is ehre to serve us. I beleive were here ot serve the eart. sadly humans have gone bad and hurt

• it probably comes in handy to be able to shut down your emotions.

• The same reason girls are the same way. Personality is important, but honestly, attraction has to be there, and that's typically through looks. If you can tell me girls aren't the same way, then you will have shocked me as well as any other guy

• its true, girls look at guys for how they look, and for some dumb reason we seem to fall for the jerks and the badboys (don't ask me why, I have no idea) but if were actually thinking, then we look more for personality. like say a funny nice guy who doesn't take you for granted but is only average in looks, vs a hot badass who always takes you for granted. I don't know about other girls, but for me the obvious choice is the first one. you know what I mean?

• Because confidence gets turned into being a jerk. If he knows what he wants, it often sounds like being a jerk, to you. Girls like confidence in men, just like men like confidence in women

• ohh.. that actually makes sense.

• I can give a honest reason and get disagreed with I would assume but you can't fake your appearance at least not enough to go from yea I want to bang her to oh god I done goofed.As for personality its a risk game either way so if you are taking a chance at least be able to say this was my reason and have something good to stand on .

• The answer to your question is that men are driven by testosterone while women are driven by estrogen.

Having said that, guys DO care about personality. We are also equally desperate at times. Perhaps we don't show it as much...we're a little cooler about it...but that's what you wants and expect from us, right? ;)

• I guess we do expect that in a way. but I don't think guys realize how much we expect of them (its funny cause its unrealistic) we want them to act like a guy, but still show they care somehow

• You're 100% right, and we do realize it. I admire your honesty in acknowledging that. :)

• lol thanks XD

• Girls we don't like:

- attractive or ugly

- cool personality or bitch

Bottom line... the attraction isn't there

Girls we like: not only physically attracted, but enjoy talking to you. Girl might not.be perfect, but he is into your mind and body.

• the thing is so many girls let a guy know she likes them, but they just turn her down because they think she's not good/popular enough

• Not good enough? Just not attracted.

Not popular? Guys and girls (younger ones) would be likely to do this.

• ahh yeah stupid people in my school turn people down cause of popularity

• Guys do care about personality, which is why it's easy for a girl to get casual sex but it's not so easy for a girl to get a relationship (which requires a guy to actually like the girl's personality). Unfortunately, many girls think they have great personalities, when really, from guys' perspectives, they have just average personalities. Most girls need to work on their personality, as do most guys, if they want to be successful. Most girls just don't realize it.

If guys had low standards for personality or didn't care about personality at all, it would be as easy for a girl to get a relationship as it would be for her to get casual sex.

• I think that's untrue. a lot of times if a girl is so stuck to believing she has a perfect personality, then she's shallow and guys or anyone really should know it. but there are so many self conscious girls out there who just want to be liked for who they are (*cough* me)

and those are the type of girls I think are looked over and I think its unfair

just because someone is quiet doesn't mean they have no personality, and that's what guys seem too assume

• Right, because guys are really turned on by girls with low self-esteem and irrational, anti-male views...

You have thoughts that contradict each other. That's not my opinion. That's a fact.

I haven't pandered to you by telling you what you want to hear. Instead, I've told you things that will actually help you. But, you've got to want to help yourself. And, at the moment, it seems that you would rather be bitter and angry than happy, and that's just not attractive.

• It makes no difference to ME whether you change yourself or not. But, if you continue to think and act this way, the results won't change.

What Girls Said 2

• I guess men value only looks. While women value looks too, it's more like the icing to the cake. It's not required, but if you have other shit like money or muscles, women over look it for security.

• Because guys value looks more than women.

I mean, let's all be honest here. An ugly/below average guy who is rich with a good personality is MUCH more likely to find a partner than an equally ugly/below average girl who is rich with a good personality. I've heard pretty much ALL my guy friends admit looks is their most important factor in dating. Men and women just value different things.

• I agree with you completely. thank you for getting what I was saying. like you always hear guys say "oh she's so hot" and for instance girls say "Hes so funny"

see the difference?