My 15-year-old cousin seems obsessed with makeup and skincare.

My 15 year old cousin loves makeup and skincare. To the point where she does it near professionally. But the problem is that our family disagrees with it. They say she's taking her own youth away, but she suffered from burn marks and acne on her face previously and got rid of them herself. Recently she's been doing face massages to get rid of toxins. What do you guys think because I simply am indifferent to her lifestyle but everyone in her family are against it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't believe she is taking her own youth away, she seems to have found something she enjoys. As long as her cause is not a negative self-image/ self-criticism or to get attention from others, I don't see anything wrong. Just make sure that she is not piling the makeup on to the point she looks nearly fake. Makeup can be a form of self-expression, as well as art. I personally enjoy putting on makeup and taking good care of myself, but I do it for me, not for others. Your family should notice that with all the things people her age could do but shouldn't do, an affinity for makeup does not seem bad at all.

What Guys Said 1

• encourage the strange lifestyle. enocurage

What Girls Said 5

• If she's good she's good. I don't know if it's an obsession unless it's taking away time from other more important things. And she could end up making a lot of money. Michelle Phan on YouTube was like 22 when she got signed by Lancome. She has had several business ventures and is estimated to be worth 3million at 26. She is also completely self taught on how to do the makeup and skin care she teaches.

• They are probably worried she is spending way too much time doing it so she's missing out on other aspects of life. I can understand that, but if she has had bad acne and burn scars she's probably been emotionally affected by that and it's very empowering to be able to fix these things in herself.

I think she should look at it as a possible career, as she understands what a positive impact skincare can have and she's really passionate about it. Could earn a living through it and help others.

• They should be encouraging her talent and passion

• I would let her be.

• she's not too young to wear makeup.