Is this a bad thing and or did it come across as mean?

A girl sent me a picture of her, and her two friends. They didn't have makeup on and they were in there casual clothes. I'm used to seeing them and makeup and fancy clothes. I recognized the girl and one of her friends, but I didn't even recognize the other girl (which happens to be the girl I actually like).

Was this a bad thing that I couldn't recognize her without her makeup on. I told her I couldn't. Was that mean?

Most Helpful Girl

• She's different, that's ok

What Girls Said 5

• Hmm a girl could definitely take that as being offensive... unless you specified that she looks prettier without it, or both ways. I'm sure your intentions weren't to be mean or offend her. Makeup does hide a lot of flaws and makes girls look older than they look without makeup- we're aware haha If things progress between you two, just make sure she knows you find her attractive either way, as long as that's the truth. Otherwise, don't say anything at all haha

• I don't think it was mean. There's no such thing as too much info...just people who can't handle the truth. You didn't do anything wrong if that's what you're asking. She may have over-reacted, she was the one who made the assumption that you had an intent to hurt. I'd say she's oversensitive about her looks. If she cakes the make-up on she may be longing to be beautiful or doesn't FEEL securely beautiful without it. YOu may want to, instead of saying you can't recognize her add a compliment to how she looks with her make up OFF THEN add how you didn't recognize her. Women want to feel that they are beautiful without the make up...which is why women will take pics with their make up off too.

• You weren't being mean but majority of girls are really sensitive about the way they look. If she is the sensitive kind then she would definitely take that to offense. Why? Becasue the comment that you made wasn't a compliment, so if it isn't a compliment then it is most likely to be percieved as a negative. But if she is the "I don't give a shit about what people think of me" kind then she wouldn't care. However if she fancies then regardless of what type of girl she is she would take that to a offense.

The following thing I would say is the best piece of advice I can give you. Just be careful next time and If you aren't going to compliment a girl or a person in general its best to remain silent. Trust me on this lol.

• Kind of getting mixed results here, from different answerers. I don't know who to believe

• Judging by the answers on here I would say the running theme is that you caused offense. Next time don't say anything if its not a compliment lol trust me on this.

• Yes it certainly is a bad thing for her. It show how artificial and unnecessary is make-up. You see girls with no face at all, just a painting. No eyebrows - whatever do they look like in the morning?

• Not bad as long as you still found her attractive

What Guys Said 0