Girlfriend dyed her hair, I do not like it. What should I do?

So my girlfriend has naturally dirty blonde hair, Well she died her hair brown and she looked really good with it brown. But now she dyed it blonde, like bure yellow/gold blonde and she has short hair as well and it makes her look...

I think she might of gotten the vibe that I didn't like it very much, but IDK. Should I say something to her about it, or just wait for her to dye it again?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't say anything now, but tell her the next time she's getting ready to dye her hair again that the blonde change was interesting to try, but that curiosity has been satisfied, and you like her hair best when it's other colors.

My boyfriend tells me that he likes when I do little changes to my hair (different styles and things), and the occasional color change, but doesn't like anything too dramatic. He focuses on how much he likes my face and doesn't like to be distracted by dramatic changes to my hair.

Do the same strategy and focus on the positive :)

What Girls Said 11

• Don't say anything for now.

You might find that when she comes to dye it again she says something like "I feel like a bit of a change what do you think?"

And at that point be careful. Say something like, "I prefer you being darker, I mean you suit any hair colour but I love it being darker. You could try and put some highlights through or something"

Don't go mega girly but by adding the highlight comment it shows that you have been thinking about it and also highlights are normally lighter so you are saying keep an aspect of the lighter hair colour.

Good luck!

• It may grow on you more than you think.

Give it time.

Just because you do not like it, don't expect her to immediately change it.

• Lol. I think she already knows that you didn't like it. If she liked the color that is her personal opinion and it's nice to try new things that doesn't necessarily mean it's what looks best on her. Just let her be happy maybe she likes how it looks on her and that's fine you shouldn't make her feel bad about it. It would be okay if you said something only if she said something first like I don't think it looks as good as I thought it would be. Next time she wants to dye her hair you can go shopping and tell her what you think would look best on her I'm sure she'd like to look good for you.

• Mind your own business, it's her hair not yours. If she asks you before she does it that's another thing

• It is my buisness, she's my gf...

• It's actually not, she's the one who has to walk around with it every day...do you also think you should have a say in the colour of her nailpolish? If she asks your opinion you can give your opinion but otherwise it's up to her! Perhaps you wouldn't like it if she insisted you dye your hair black or blue or whatever, same deal.. Your hair is your business

• I wouldn't say anything right now, I would also wait till she is going to dye it again and then give your input, I like when my husband says something like I think you looked really hot with this colour or I think you would look good with this.

• No don't say anything

• Don't you dare ever say anything about it. At least until she changes it. When (if) she changes it again tell her how much you like the new color.

I have naturally dirty blonde hair but I dyed it white blonde for a long time because that's how it gets in the summer and I liked it. My boyfriend did too. Then I decided to give it a break and dyed it brown and he totally flipped out and told me it looked ugly ad that he was no longer as attracted to me. I bawled. You don't want that.

• Suck it up for now, it'll break her heart if she found out she looked fugly lol

• Grin and bear it for a while. She will change it again and again and again... get the idea.

• Don't tell her. Wait for her to dye it again and then when you see her trying to decide what color to do, persuade her to do brown

• lol don't tell her.

What Guys Said 1

• You could say something to her, but remember how it feels when you've had something that someone didn't like and they told you. The best way to approach this is just to let it go. It's not your hair, it's hers