What is an old-fashioned name that you like?

The question is exactly that. Any old-fashioned, out-of-date first names that you like? Would you consider these names when you have a child someday?

I have an old-fashioned name that's very rare nowadays. Everytime people hear it, they say it's a pretty name. And then I'd say, "nah, it's old-fashioned, it's a name for a 90-year-old." And people would say again "well it's old-fashioned, but it's a nice name/but I like it"

Most Helpful Guy

• I like the name Lilith, if I ever had a baby girl I think that would be a good name, or middle name. Also, your name Daphne isn't a common name where I'm from, and I have always thought it was a cool name since the scooby doo days.

Lilith Daphne :D

• Oh yeah those are cool names!

• It's a water flea, so yeah, a microscopic organism. With naked eyes, they only look like dots. Amazing inner works though for such tiny bodies...

Hm... I like the name Leon. Sounds strong and noble haha

• It does! I like Alistair, Felix, Finley.

What Guys Said 5

• I love the old Roman names like Aurelius or Maximus or even the Greek names :D

But where I come from most names are eons old, not just hundred years or so nothing's really new. Even my full name is considered new and actually made famous by someone who though born here is renowned and followed world over even today. Though most people relate the name to him, they don't know it's meaning which again relates to something that's many centuries old i.e. long long before history was written

• Henrietta or Elizabeth or Victoria for girls. I don't really like the name Henrietta though. Edward or Walter for guys. I only managed to remember the name Walter because I was watching Sleepless In Seattle yesterday lol. I don't like the guys names too much either. They sound a little too formal.

• And here I thought you thought of the name Walter because you've been watching Breaking Bad =)

So old-fashioned names that you like are just Elizabeth and Victoria?

• Aha! I actually stopped watching Breaking Bad a while ago. Yeah those are the only names that come to mind. I'm sure if I remembered more I would like some of them.

• Elizabeth I always thought it was a nice British name and I haven seen a couple of girls whos names were Elizabeth and they were hot.

• Aelfraed.

• Molly. I think of a bright orangy golden shiny ball when I think of that name.

• It does sound cheerful. I also think Sheila sounds cheerful

What Girls Said 10

• I like plenty of old-fashioned names : Eleanor, Gilbert, Edward, Samuel, Lilly, Emmanuelle, Ophelia, Lance, Vincent, William, Oliver, Rosalie.

• Hiram, Hamish,and Harland. Also, Hester, Hannah and Heidi.

• Elizabeth, Victoria, Henry, Frederick

• Rupert

Ophelia

• I like the name Harriett, I think its a rare first name.

• i like some old-fashioned names like victoria, elizabeth, charlotte.

• I love "Rosalie". I don't particularly like many old fashioned boy names.

• Claire is a personal favorite of mine.

• Mine, but I can't tell you what it is or else I'd have to kill you all...

• Sofia :)