Can you accept that you are average looking?

I never thought I was average looking I always thought I was slightly above average. This was reinforced by the fact that I have always recieved a fair amount of male attention, enough to prevent questioning my looks. However I have been recently told that I am seen as average looking which confused the hell out of me.

I decided to do the unthinkable and post my picture online for it to be rated. And the results were just as it seemed, everyone either thought I was average or ugly looking.

I thought a lot of people were unfair for calling me ugly becasue I am not that bad looking but I felt conflicted. I have recieved male attention in the past and it wasn't becasue of the way I dressed since I wear baggy clothes. I have noticed that guys always checked out my face.

Now I am trying to accept that I am average but its difficult. When I try to accept it I feel crap about the way I look and think what's the point of trying to dress up or making an effort when I will only be seen as "meh she's alright".

So have you accepted that you are average looking if you think that you are?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just look at it this way... being average beats being downright unattractive!

and besides, I'm sure there is at least one person that finds you to be the most beautiful girl he's ever seen.. and that's at the least!

The way you act rubs off on people, and if you let this affect you to the point where you're disappointed in your looks, then people sense that and will most likely view you as average or less.. as oppose to if you're confidently walking around like you're sure of yourself you tend to come off as more attractive... without being too conceited of course because then that comes off as ugly.

What Guys Said 4

• Do people consider you to be photogenic? I've seen girls on Facebook or online dating sites and didn't find them attractive but then when I met them in real life I was surprised at how pretty they were. Even if you are average there's nothing wrong with that. The media holds people to a standard of beauty that's unrealistic. Of course you're going to seem "average" if you're compared to the beauty standards set by a picture of an airbrushed model with makeup done by a professional. Keep in mind that once you get older more guys are going to be interested in your personality and that can make an "average" girl seem amazing.

Also try to get some polite advice from someone you know who's not afraid to be honest with you. I've seen girls that would look much better if they just did their hair or makeup differently, or just changed a few small things about their wardrobe. I've got friends who are self-conscious about their noses, eyes, waist, etc. Even if you do have features that aren't considered to be "attractive" you can look great if you compliment your features. I have a crooked bite, smile, my nose is a little crooked, and people usually think I'm 3 years older than I really am, so I grew a bold "cowboy" style mustache that draws attention away from my flawed features. When I meet girls (and even guys) they compliment me on the mustache. What do you think personal stylist do? They create an image for a person that compliments a persons best features. :)

• Well being ugly as f*ck is a what would make a person feel like crap. Being average, is good normal like many people, your personality would then take you above this line or under. Looks aren't the only thing that attract males, especially the face...(you get the point). I personally thought I was ugly, but didn't care much..that changed a LOT now...still don't give a f. So in your case you received attention before, and do also now, only difference is that now you know it wasn't you face...So what?

• These were random men on the streets who would stare so it was because of my face and that's why it's confusing.

• You look bad in photos, or they were jealous of you.

• I haven't any set standard for the way I look. I can calmly accept being called an ugly looking or good looking or average looking man. There isn't a universal standard for me to gauge and conclude my looks.

• Thanks for the answer but I am coming off topic now but I was wondering whether you think its stupid to want your s/o to think you are very attractive instead of average?

• Thanks.

• You're welcome.

• Nobody has ever told me how I look (by rating), but I think I'm average. Maybe a little below average because I never attract girls. 24 years old and never kissed a girl. How embarrassing. If I really am average or whatever, I can totally accept it. It's really no big deal to me. Most people are considered average. So, I am just part of a huge, huge group of people who are similar in terms of attractiveness. If you've been told that you're average, you got nothing to feel bad about.

What Girls Said 5

• It's possible you're not a very good photo taker or not photogenetic.

Someones photos doesn't always reflect the actual person.

As long as you feel great about yourself, and you know the constant attention you get,

that doesn't sound like "average" looking to me.

• Like another poster said...you may just look better in person than in photos...some people look better in photos than in person...and so you probably are above average in looks. I am one of those people that look horrible in pictures...I look A LOT better in person (I've been told this by various people)...could be because I hate getting my pic taken and look stiff...

Yes...I've accepted the fact that I'm average looking...I try to enhance what I have by eating healthy, working out to created a toned lean body, and dressing as well as I can...there isn't much else I can do...this is the hand I was dealt...and looks arn't as important to me as intellect...so I suppose I'd rather be smarter than prettier.

By the way...what site did you put your pic on to be rated? Perhaps the population of the people on the site may have been a factor as well

• Honestly I don't even know if I'm average, ugly, pretty, or whatever. When I asked online, people told me how I'm really cute. And in real life, I've been told that I'm really cute, alot. But I don't think that makes me be noticed by guys. I consider myself pretty average probably, because for me, average is a wide range of looks from attractive average, to normal average, to ugly average. In the end, I saw this video, and it made me realize that I shouldn't care what others think of me, espacially online since it's fully of liers, and mean people, and perhaps honest and nice people too, but you can't tell since you've never met any of them. The important this is how you see yourself as :)

• You must think very highly of your self in the looks department. Well wake up most people are average some are a little better some a little below a very few are extremely good looking a few are homely and even less are downright ugly. So suck it up your just average like most of us.

• There's nothin wrong with being average