Girls, if you were in Belles shoes in Beauty and the Beast, could you see past the beasts looks?

And see the man he truly is on the inside? or would you just run from him?

Most Helpful Girl

• of course! The way a person makes you feel is what wins in the end of any relationship.

I fell in love with SIMBA! and he's not cursed or anything.. he's just a Lion xD He never turns into a human cartoon :[!

and I've also liked someone who was not appealing to me at all at first, just based on his personality and awesome body haha. :D! but mostly personality kept me liking him.. so just the same the beast was so sweet to belle!

What Girls Said 22

• I could see past his looks, and see what a possessive asshole he was, at least in the beginning. Belle had the patience to deal with it, mostly because she was "trapped" in his castle and had nothing better to do. I, however, would not have the time to be nurturing and sort out all his issues and bullshit myself. He's a grown man, he's responsible for his own issues. Even him turning into a beast was his own fault, so I don't know why I'd have to deal with it. I'd rather find a guy without all that baggage, a guy who would treat me right from the start.

• but if you knew he was good looking you would

• No way, ew. I've met tons of guys who were handsome at first, but the more I realized that they had a shitty personality, the uglier they became.

• I could get past the beasts looks. However, we actually did an assignment on Disney movies, including Beauty& the Beast last semester in a sociology course and it turned out the beast was just as ugly on the inside as on the outside. He was forceful, refused to give Belle dinner if she wouldn't accompany him for something, etc.

Watch it again and you'll see that he wasn't a kind beast. If he had been, then yea I would get over the physical issue.

• but then its probably due to the way people treat him and also how he sees himself. Belle could still see past all of that. perhaps ugly in his actions, but deep down, he just wants to be loved, and at the end it happened for him.

• That was the whole point. He was turned into a beast to reflect his inner self and turned back into a human when his heart softened and his inner self was changed to good.

• Yes, he was rude at first, but he warms up to her as the movie progresses. Watch it again. :]!

It's normal. You meet a snobbish prince who's never had to listen to anybody, who lives alone in a huge place with nothing but servants who do everything for him. + he's been turned into a monsterous beast that only adds to his anger. So upon meeting someone his attitude is reasonably defensive, aggressive and rawr! haha which in part can be attractive to some extent, especially knowing he turns nice!

• Have you actually watched the movie? That guy was huge douche throughout the whole thing and then turned handsome at the end.

There were no redeeming qualities about that character other than he realized he was an asshole at some point, but that was very brief and there was no character development whatsoever.

He was turned into a beast BECAUSE he was an asshole and he never learned his lesson. Fuck that guy.

• i would make friends if he seemed decent and like he wasn't going to eat me... But no I couldn't date someone who looks like a giant pig/dog lol... I'm not a fan of super hairy dudes & I love my dog but wouldn't make love to one lol

• Ok,let's all be honest,your instinct at first would be to scream or even do a little "ew,you're furry thing" ,but I would try to look past it,expecially because he seemed so sweet under all that dark,mean attitude from the beginning. I usually like furry animals,they're so fluffy haha,but here it doesn't fit right lol.

• It depends how he looks. I'll date some ugly guys but not others.

• I would see the man on the inside! If anything were to get touchy though I'd have a bit of a moral dilemma. Kind of... not human... and stuff... so... you know...

• well being the girl I am I would definitely look past the beast looks its the personality that count in the beginning his personality was very ugly but after it while his personality out shined the way he looked so I would definitely look past his look ~

• I would run from him because I don't want to fall for the man who kidnapped me.

• no he is just super ugly :/.. I'd easily be discourage to see the "inside" but if he can make me fall really hard without showing his face first maybe we could be together haha! ^-^

• Well, since he acted like an asshole for the first half of the movie, I would run. I want a complete person, not an abusive asshole who requires fixing.

• Yes. My first boyfriend was unattractive and I fell in love anyway

• Of course I would! I have dated some really sexy guys, but the one I fell hardest for of them all was the least attractive one. He turned out to be a deuschbag, but that's a different story. lol

• Yes I wld look past because it happened before:)

• Have you heard what a pompous jerk Gaston is? If I were given a choice between the beast and Gaston with no other options, I would definitely choose the beast...if he warmed up quickly. If you remember the original fairytale, the beast wasn't super nice to her initially either. As long as he showed some kind of soft side hope that he could open up, I would stick with him over Gaston.

• Beastiality isn't for me :P I would be happy to be his friend but I just wouldn't date an animal.

Did I just friendzone a cartoon character? Oh well.

• would you date one of his object denizens though? like lumiere? ;)

• Ohhhhh yeah I've always wanted to date a candle. Lucky me! :P

• does he turn into a handsome prince?

• I think I could. I didn't think my boyfriend was amazingly cute when I first met him, but I'm still dating him a yea later. personality makes someone attractive.

• Absolutely. No questions asked!

• Nope

• I would not date the Beast. He is ugly. I don't do ugly. Why should I have to settle for a guy I am not attracted to and don't want to have sex with? AND he was not only ugly on the outside but an asshole in the beginning of the movie. If you're ugly at least try to have a decent personality. I'm not gonna waste my time working with your personal issues if you have nothing to offer

• WOW someones a shallow wench. For someone who hates ugly people sure as a shitty attitude and I doubt you yourself are anything special or good looking. Yes I am calling you out.

• at least she's being honest... unlike all the other people here.

beauty and the beast is a cartoon. imagine the beast in reality and would they answer the same? lol... such dishonesty.

• Call me out all you want to. You're probably ugly as fuck yourself, that's why you got your feelings hurt. No I am not having punishing my vagina by having sex with an ugly guy. You mad? haha

• It would take me a while but I could do it

What Guys Said 7

• Note that the beast is powerful and masculine. He may be ugly but he's more like an ugly 6'5 thug then some average loser. And those guys get girls.

• Exactly. If he can dominate me than I'm hopeless to stay away

• Some of them would because Beast was rich

Here are some real life examples.

link

link

• In other words, would you kiss a frog?

• there's are so many lies here. xD

beauty and the beast is in cartoon form. now bring the beast into reality and will the girls answer the same when they meet him in person? like hell...

• sure they would if he was rich.

• Well owning a castle is a good step right?

• I think it is enough, yes.

• Dude where the fuck are you hiding? Have you not seen the Legions of beautiful women who Chase unhealthy un attractive guys because in their minds they are the guys who will give their un devoted and never cheat. Women avoid and run from attractive men the only time they go for them is if at a shitty club they want a quick lay but that's it! That's all that hot dude will get and then he's a loner for life. just go to a supermarket pay attention 100's of hot girls arm and arm with a unhealthy un hygienic brute keep yours eyes peeled and notice.

• These girls are into beastiality...that's kinda hot