Blondes get a lot of hate, but can't we agree that some women don't look good with dark hair?

I am blonde and though I do lighten my hair, my natural hair is light and would not look good dark. I am pale with light eyes. My eyebrows and lashes are pretty light (dirty blonde). I used to want darker hair as a teen but my hair dresser said it will look awful and wash me out. She is right, the lighter I make my hair the more alive my skin looks. And I really just look better blonde, many tell me that and I agree.

So why do blondes get so much hate? Some look very fake and are badly done. But can't we agree that some women just don't look good with dark hair? Namely those with pale reddish-toned skin and blue or green eyes who have light brown or dirty blonde hair and were blonde as kids. Me dyeing my hair dark brown would look just as bad and fake as a girl with black hair and brown eyes going blonde.

I am pale and even my natural light brownish dirty blondish hair made my skin look very pale, everyone tells me how much more alive I look with light blonde hair.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, really light skin only looks good with light hair OR really really dark hair, for contrast, like the Persian women.

But then you eyes and brows must match that dark color as well.

What Guys Said 5

• I think we all look best the way were made. I prefer brunettes, but I think natural blondes and redheads are beautiful as well. I don't like dyed hair, that is my preference, and I am not here to tell others what to do: I can barely control myself.

• I agree with this. Everyone looks best their natural way.

• Blondes are in my preference. They are the most beautiful women and one day I hope to get one. I would say that others might just be jealous?

• Im blonde, i find girls with black hair more attractive

• Blondes are beautiful

• I've always been a fan of the blonde-haired, blue-eyed and big-boobed! :P

What Girls Said 5

• I think any color eyes can pull off any hair color tbh... It seems to have more to do with your skin and the tones in it... or face shape even. I'm a natural blonde with blue/green-ish eyes and funnily enough, natural dark eyebrows and have brunette hair now and I think I look equally good if not a tad more seeing as I have a nice contrast between the eyes and hair. I do think though that super dark hair on me looks bad. It doesn't compliment my skin and makes my face look "hard", while lighter brown and blonde softens it. I don't think blondes get hate... it's just that they are often associated with the playboy bunny look and this coming from a natural blonde who is not a playboy bunny kinda girl at all. It's just a stereotype. Personally I think fake blondes can look worse than girls coloring their hair dark... it's just my opinion though and based on personal observation, so it's not definitely the case. Just my opinion.

• I agree with you. Personally I don't look good with very dark hair. I've tried dyeing it black and I've noticed that dark hair makes me look like the little girl from the movie : "The Grudge". I am super pale, my lips are naturally red, my eyebrows, lashes and my body hair are very light and I have dark eyes so dark hair doesn't look good on me. My natural hair is light and I am currently dyeing it a bit lighter.

• I have pale skin, green eyes and black hair

• I'm naturally blonde, but I dye my hair red. I've done light and medium brown before too, and they look good. Also tried black and it was just bad. I'm very pale and I always have dark circles, so the black just made me look like I was sick and dying.

• Probably the blonde thing gets hate because it is related to Barbie etc.