What colors would look best on me?

I have always wondered what colors I should dress myself in, and have usually dressed in black shirts and dark jeans (not goth or anything).

I am 5'1' and have pale skin, dark brown hair, and dark blue eyes.

I am not willing to post a picture so please just use your best ideas or use someone you know! Thank you!

Most Helpful Guy

• link

This should help

• Thanks for BA! There are other sites that have the same kind of thing, maybe a little more expansive in terms of shades that will work. I went with this one because it describes how to find out your undertone which is the key to the whole thing. Just google like "undertones and best colors" or something, you'll find plenty of other sites that will help you out.

What Guys Said 5

• ALWAYS match the eyes. Simple, silver necklace.

My ex wore a deep purple and fuzzy pink and work SO good for her.

• Hey I have the same features as you!(only taller). I usually wear dark blues, dark/medium greens, whites, greys, red and black. MAYBE, since we have the same features they'd work for you too. Whenever I wear dark blue, grey, and black girls always tell me," Oh my God, your eyes are so Blue.." So if you want your eyes to stick out maybe you could try that?

• I would think red, bright blue, yellow would also workwell given our eye color and the contrast between your dark hair and your light skin.

The basic black wouldn't highlight your eyes at all, right?

• Since you have blue eyes I would think medium to dark greens and blues would probably bring your eyes out better.

• no picture, no good answer. quit being a wus and upload a pic and we can tell you for sure.

What Girls Said 5

• Hold different fabric colours against your skin (without putting them on so you aren't biased by shapes). Whichever ones work and also look good with your hair are a go. Eyes matter a bit less because they are farther away (so nothing will really clash or look bad), some colours might bring them out though, if you are lucky.

Look at old pics of you in different colours or go try some colours outside your normal range on in a store. You can also try to find a celeb with similar tones, though you will want to notice if your pale skin is more a pinkish undertone or yellow/tan undertone because this makes a difference.

Honestly, when I walk around a store, I put fabrics against my hand/arm and if I find it makes me look dull I will not even try the piece on. When I try things I try to think not only about my silhouette, or if it is "trendy" but also if my hair looks dull or clashes with it, how my eyes look.

Also to keep in mind:

1) There are many different shades of a colour, ex blue. some might work and some might not. remember which ones do so that you pick things in those colours in the future. ex. I know that purple-blues work on me, but green blues and baby blues are not so good.

2) Shapes can work or not work or not work on a person/body type as much as colour. A certain dress shape might be in fashion, but you will always look and feel better in something that fits you than you will following all trends blindly. Select the ones that flatter your figure and then find them in one of your colours!

3) If you love a colour and want to have something in it, but it doesn't really work near your face, save it for a bag, shoes, or a colour in a skirt or pant print.

4) Also realize that where you put colours makes a difference. Brighter, lighter, shinier and more patterned normally get more attention. Knowing that, you can draw more or less attention to yourself, or to a specific part of you. Obviously this is just the norm, and I recommend you use your own best judgement!

• well blue to bring out your eyes, brown to bring out you hair, greens, black and red

• PINK! Dress girly! Enjoy being a young woman. I used to dress only dark colors as a teen and one day I woke up and decided to change. I DONT let myself but anything dark colored anymore.

Pink, orange, purple... Girly bright colors. Have fun!

• I think light pastel colors would look good on you :)

• Black, dark green, blues

Soft colors like orange or pink, possibly yellow